Re-Start of BF Passenger Services

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you read what Roué has told us, it is jaw dropping! Some of us have been vociferously critical of BF, even suggesting that we could do a better job. Consider the following. 780,000 normal fo

I am pleased to report proactive contact from BF Customer Services in recent days. The revised timetable issued last week removed both of the sailings we were booked on [into Le Havre and Poole].

Mrs FW and I travelled Caen-Portsmouth yesterday afternoon on MSM in 2 different vehicles, as she is staying for a couple of weeks and I’m back next Tuesday - it allowed me to test my loading theory.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, David Williams said:

Well at a time when infection rates rise in France and the chance of UK Quarantine increases, the CEO message was dedicated to the sad news that pet rabbits are not allowed on board, apparently  it is some French Naval tradition

In our motor homing daze we noticed a French Camping car on site had a rabbit running around in the "garage" part of their van. How sweet we said until we realised the poor thing might actually be dinner for the owner. French way of things of course I suppose.

Stu

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, David Williams said:

Well at a time when infection rates rise in France and the chance of UK Quarantine increases, the CEO message was dedicated to the sad news that pet rabbits are not allowed on board, apparently  it is some French Naval tradition

Remember some years ago on here there was a thread on rabbits not being carried.  The person who started the thread was quite upset as they wanted to transfer their bunnies to their French home or something.

As an ex-trawlerman I am very superstitious, so much so that I cannot even bring myself to utter out loud the word that describes those cute little creatures with the bushy tail and long floppy ears. Instead we call them 'Limping cats'! This superstitious is rife among fishers of the English Channel who no doubt picked it up from their French counterparts way back in the day.

Just saying.

😀

• Like 1

The picture is from July 31st In Roscoff. We arrived early (for once) because of Covid and all. Had never realised there were 2 departures on Fridays ex. Roscoff. We travelled Ringaskiddy/Roscoff/Ringaskiddy. Boat was fairly empty (more so on the return to Ireland due to government restricts). Commodore (for the first time ever) over and back so we had a great experience. Very fast load/unload at both ports. Plenty of food and drink and staff were very accommodating. but they are not making money currently and I'm nervous about booking for next year 🤔

But I'll probably book anyway 😎

IMG_1796.JPG

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Eddies said:

Is the re-start of the ships coming to a slow or even stop some routs again if France, is added to the list of not to travel too. ??

Probably not as you are still legally allowed to travel it’s only advice to not travel.

On 08/08/2020 at 19:44, Millsy said:

Try being in the theatre - even whistling is bad luck!

Whistling is bad luck at sea too – as the saying goes; "you'll whistle up a storm". The number of times I've been told off for that by the old guard 🤦🏼‍♂️

It will be interesting how many ships will be laid up come October / November

BF have said that Spanish crossings will be reduced with no Connemara in September, I suspect that will mean no PA in November with Spanish crossings being Galicia with some CF when not in refit.

If France is dire, I imagine no Barfleur and no Bretagne and they will concentrate on Ouistreham and possibly Cherbourg with MSM and Normandie.

Another option might be to keep 2 ships at Ouistreham but reduce the crossings to 2 a day.

Kerry will obviously go - not sure about Connemara

Edited by David Williams