Sign in to follow this  
Paully

Travel Insurance for Coronavirus

Staysure have just confirmed that they will now cover customers old and new on their travel policies for medical and repatriation expenses if you are unfortunate enough to contract it whilst on holiday. It only applies once the FCO has lifted their travel ban and no cover will be provided for cancellations for this cause. I think there are restrictions on age related time spent abroad but best have a looky to see if it is of any use. But a welcome start by the insurance industry..

https://travelinsurance.staysure.co.uk/quote/policy-details

In contrast I got an email about my travel insurance renewal (underwritten by Mapfre) and it specifically stated that it wouldn't vover any claims caused by or relating to Covid-19 (or variants) or any claims resulting from fear or threat concerning these viruses. It also now excludes scheduled airline and supplier insolvency. Price went down by about a tenner...

• Sad 1

Ours is still with LV on an annual basis (quite expensive) however our claim for cancelled flights and extra costs incurred in returning home via other routes resulted in a deduction of £100 being excess which to be honest I wasn't aware of.... hey ho..... will be looking at alternatives next time.....

Posted (edited)

I understand that Co Op travel Insurance, as well as Saga Insurance are also covering Covid 19 for treatment abroad and repatriation only. They won`t cover any cancellation costs though. But like all the others it won`t come into effect until or even if, the FCO lift their travel ban.

Edited by Paully

4 hours ago, Paully said:

I understand that Co Op travel Insurance, as well as Saga Insurance are also covering Covid 19 for treatment abroad and repatriation only. They won`t cover any cancellation costs though. But like all the others it won`t come into effect until or even if, the FCO lift their travel ban.

Apologies its not Co Operative it should have read `Post Office` travel insurance.

13 minutes ago, Paully said:

Apologies its not Co Operative it should have read `Post Office` travel insurance.

Does that mean any repatriation involves a ParcelForce delivery by midday?

Ed. 

14 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Does that mean any repatriation involves a ParcelForce delivery by midday?

Ed. 

Thats is certain..however being ParcelFarce they will not be able to guarantee what day it will be