woodin43

Removals and quarantine

I'm going to have to travel to the UK in July to move furniture etc after selling our house here. I anticipate a foot passenger trip followed by a return trip with a van. If the quarantine rules are still in force does anyone have any ideas on who to contact to obtain special permission to travel without quaranting?

31 minutes ago, woodin43 said:

I'm going to have to travel to the UK in July to move furniture etc after selling our house here. I anticipate a foot passenger trip followed by a return trip with a van. If the quarantine rules are still in force does anyone have any ideas on who to contact to obtain special permission to travel without quaranting?

Priti Patel,

Good luck.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

• Haha 1

Try DFDS Newhaven Dieppe..they seem to have a different approach

Woodin43,  there's a long list on the UK government website of those who don't have to quarantine when they enter UK. You can look at it but I don't see how you would qualify for exemption.

Unless you are willing to spend 14 days here can you get someone or some company to store your furniture until you can collect it when the quarantine rules are relaxed? 

More to the point is the fact thatva lot of ferries have stopped taking foot passengers (BF have certainly said no foots or cyclists