Email with latest information

Today , I received, as I assume everyone did, an email with the latest information regarding the resumption of sailings. A very pleasant email which included a link to the 12 point guide. I read the guide and I felt it all made sense and, if we all adhere to the 12 points, I am sure we will have an uneventful, safe crossing. One thing, however, has made me question what is going on in BF at the moment. Whilst the email came to my correct email address which I have had registered with BF for many years, the greeting which started the email was " Dear Siobhan". Siobhan is my adult daughter. She travelled with us to France twice about ten years ago but not again since then. Now don't get me wrong, I have no intention of creating a fuss about this, but it does make me curious as to how my daughters name would suddenly become associated with my account again after all these years. It does make me begin to understand, however, why people have become disillusioned with BF through this time. All these little mistakes do begin to make BF look unprofessional in the way they are dealing with the issues created by the pandemic. Ah well, lets hope I have a good chance of my sailing going ahead on the 27th August. After self-isolating for 21 weeks I will certainly look forward to a holiday, lol.

John

11 minutes ago, John M said:

Today , I received, as I assume everyone did, an email with the latest information regarding the resumption of sailings. A very pleasant email which included a link to the 12 point guide. I read the guide and I felt it all made sense and, if we all adhere to the 12 points, I am sure we will have an uneventful, safe crossing. One thing, however, has made me question what is going on in BF at the moment. Whilst the email came to my correct email address which I have had registered with BF for many years, the greeting which started the email was " Dear Siobhan". Siobhan is my adult daughter. She travelled with us to France twice about ten years ago but not again since then. Now don't get me wrong, I have no intention of creating a fuss about this, but it does make me curious as to how my daughters name would suddenly become associated with my account again after all these years. It does make me begin to understand, however, why people have become disillusioned with BF through this time. All these little mistakes do begin to make BF look unprofessional in the way they are dealing with the issues created by the pandemic. Ah well, lets hope I have a good chance of my sailing going ahead on the 27th August. After self-isolating for 21 weeks I will certainly look forward to a holiday, lol.

John

Weird! 

My father got the same message as you yesterday and forwarded it to me but it came without the strange naming technique. However, as his name's John it may be that he got sent the original template instead, or yours by mistake. 

Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, colin said:

And my name just changed to Peter. Wot's wrong with Colin?

You were Colin when they put you to sleep at the hospital but you are Peter when they woke you up again. I'd check both of your kidneys are still where they were on Monday morning. Ed. 

• Haha 2

I know someone named Rodney who got the email but the sender insists on addressing him as Dave , you have to wonder who's on the other end .

Edited by Chef
  • Haha 3

Mine was addressed to Gareth.  I strongly suspect, however (on account of the sheer popularity of the name), that the gremlin was still at work and that the Gareth referred to in my email was a completely different one.  Why they couldn’t get the right one is just typical!  🤣

• Haha 1

Mine was addressed to Dear David, which is my son. It may be connected with a booking I made for him later in the year, but I haven't had one addressed to me. Is it linked somehow to the CV card?

I wish they would be a bit more informative about what catering facilities are going to be on board. It's all a bit vague.