Does anyone know when the Pont Aven is due into Portsmouth before it returns to service on Tuesday evening? I’ve a 10 year old who wants to see it as we are due on it for our summer break (if we get one!!) 

10 hours ago, Botley Dan said:

Many thanks for that, that will be us on the round tower at 1800 on Monday then 😂

Keep an eye on an AIS app or web page (My Ship Tracking etc.) so you can time your arrival at the Round Tower. Just in case she is early or late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Danim24 said:

Keep an eye on an AIS app or web page (My Ship Tracking etc.) so you can time your arrival at the Round Tower. Just in case she is early or late.

Yes with that new engine installed she should have a good turn of speed. Ed. 

She might be, after her Roscoff visit.  Pretty sure her first departure is from Portsmouth.

Remember that sudden last-minute dash to Roscoff when she was on her way to Le Havre to lay up?  Wonder if this diversion to Roscoff is related to the same thing (whatever it was)?

Good point but even at warp-speed she won't be in Portsmouth by 18.00 on Monday and we don't want Dan leaving Botley on a wasted trip and then having to deal with a distressed 10-year-old. He'll have enough of that when his son sees the monstrosity disfiguring what the young lad imagines is a sleek, attractive cruise ferry. Ed. 

• Haha 3

Agreed.  She won’t be there Mon eve, but she doesn’t need to be.  Her departure to Santander is not until teatime on Tuesday, so I expect she’ll be there some time Tuesday morning.  Early afternoon at the latest.

14 hours ago, Gareth said:

Agreed.  She won’t be there Mon eve, but she doesn’t need to be.  Her departure to Santander is not until teatime on Tuesday, so I expect she’ll be there some time Tuesday morning.  Early afternoon at the latest.

Even though Le Havre movements has 'Pont-Aven' down for departure at 13:00 tomorrow (Monday) bound for Roscoff, QHM still have the ship listed for 18:15 docking (17:45 at Outer Spit Buoy). But, QHM have a nasty habit lately of incorrectly listing vessels they shouldn't be there.

On 26/06/2020 at 22:44, Botley Dan said:

Many thanks for that, that will be us on the round tower at 1800 on Monday then 😂

I'd get there before 18:00 just in case she's a bit early.

1 minute ago, Botley Dan said:

He managed to balance the Connemara on his head too!! Thanks for all the info and as for the funnel I think it doesn’t look so bad when you are on the ship itself!! 

E9B6E6D7-15B6-43B0-B1E2-D548370ABFB8.jpeg

Lovely...Bet it made his day

1 minute ago, Paully said:

Lovely...Bet it made his day

Yep he loves the ships and we are just planning our next couple of holidays - just waiting for the virus stuff to settle down and then sort some travel plans out!! It’s handy living so close to all the ports so he gets to see most of the comings and goings! 

• Like 2