BF Eurocard - Issues with Payment

16 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

It does sound like a scam and presumably not one that BF want their name associated with. 

Why not email them asking for the bank details they believe to be correct and which you can then confirm?

Ed

I don't think the email is a scam, there was a recent tweet re this:-

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it says at the bottom . The Card is issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd ("WDCS") pursuant to licence by MasterCard International Inc. WDCS is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority

I tried to check my account a few weeks ago and it was locked, would not tell me anything. I might try and pay EDF to see if the card is still valid. Rhys

The Starling card which DW has mentioned is certainly top of the Martin Lewis recommendations for debit cards with overseas use, and his top pick for credit cards used overseas is the Barclaycard Rewa

I have had an email back telling me my balance and saying :-"you can take out money in Bank ATM in uk if your card is still valid and not expired."    

I may try tomorrow.

1 hour ago, mjturner said:

I have had an email back telling me my balance and saying :-"you can take out money in Bank ATM in uk if your card is still valid and not expired."    

I may try tomorrow.

If the message was that badly written, it must be a scam. 

Ed

I cannot withdraw the funds as the card expired 01/21.

I have had a  reply from this address: pctenquiries@exelaonline.com

The text is: "Either you can take out money in Bank ATM in uk if your card is still valid and not expired." There is no corresponding alternative option as in 'either/or'.

The email asks me for a copy of my bank statement, sort code, account munber and account name.

It goes on to say: "We need the following, please attach a PDF format and this has to be in your name and we need the document to show all 4 corners please." I don't know how to create a PDF file, nor do I understand why a PDF is necessary.

This is rather concerning to be honest as there is quite a bit of money on the card.

What to do...?

2 minutes ago, KenTownley said:

The text is: "Either you can take out money in Bank ATM in uk if your card is still valid and not expired." There is no corresponding alternative option as in 'either/or'.

The email asks me for a copy of my bank statement, sort code, account munber and account name.

It goes on to say: "We need the following, please attach a PDF format and this has to be in your name and we need the document to show all 4 corners please." I don't know how to create a PDF file, nor do I understand why a PDF is necessary.

This is rather concerning to be honest as there is quite a bit of money on the card.

What to do...?

I'd speak to your own bank for advice perhaps or WHICH or BF via Twitter before sending anything personal.

Ed

Just had another email asking for bank details. There is a footnote to this one as follows. Looking more dodgy with every email.:

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Please contact suspicious.emails@exelaonline.com with any concerns

Exela is a legitimate international company with offices in the UK. Among outer things they offer data processing outsourcing to companies including UK high street banks. It is quite reasonable to expect Excela to be involved with the BF debit card business.

Just now, Rattler43 said:

Exela is a legitimate international company with offices in the UK. Among other things they offer data processing outsourcing to companies including UK high street banks. It is quite reasonable to expect Excela to be involved with the BF debit card business.

1 hour ago, KenTownley said:

Believe it or not the top up option is still live on the site! Offering €1.13 too!

Do you top up from a nominated bank account, or any old debit card? If an account, can you get money credited back to it?

21 hours ago, KenTownley said:

What to do...?

Tell them that you want a cheque - however in my view that causes more problems  than a bank transfer as it is easy to intercept.

Re creating a pdf, if you have a printer with a scanner that can easily create a pdf file, it is also possible on an iphone,

The other option is to tell them to credit the money back to the card used to last top it up.

Edited by David Williams

@ Rattler43. They may well be a legitimate outfit but that being so, why have I been contacted from outside the organisation? (See previous post)

In the past I have topped up the card using my bank account.

As for the PDF...I am a dinosaur. No iphone of printer with a scanner.

Edited by KenTownley

Ken, can your bank issue you with a time-limited payment card? If so, you could ask the company to transfer the balance to that card (assuming that's possible) and you can then spend it over a month or so in normal shops.

Ed

23 hours ago, KenTownley said:

What to do...?

If you have a Mac, it is easy: create your document in whatever application you usually use (Pages is the Mac default) and go to "file" on the top bar and "export as .pdf", which can be saved to wherever you choose, Desktop is the most convenient. If you have a Windows machine, sorry, I have no idea...Best of luck.

1 hour ago, KenTownley said:

Do you have online banking ? If so the statement can be downloaded as a pdf.

However, you might be happier just insisting on a cheque being sent to you

21 hours ago, KenTownley said:

If you have a Windows machine you can download CutePDFwriter. Then it's just a case of printing the document to CutePDF.

Thanks one and all. This old fogey is very grateful for your answers. I have had replies from both BF and the PCT Enquiries desk and have been assured that they are genuine emails and that the date sent will be secure. Just have to hope that I have done everything they asked.

As David says, my statement was sent as a PDF so that solved that little problem.

Now all we need is a ticket to sail and a bright sunny horizon  to sail to!

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, KenTownley said:

Now all we need is a ticket to sail and a bright sunny horizon  to sail to!

...and a no fees credit card from a reputable bank, which works seamlessly worldwide, and where you pay in arrears at the end of each month for the things you have bought, rather than handing money over to an unknown outfit in advance. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/03/2021 at 18:17, wortley said:

...and a no fees credit card from a reputable bank, which works seamlessly worldwide, and where you pay in arrears at the end of each month for the things you have bought, rather than handing money over to an unknown outfit in advance. 

Does such a card exist?