Sign in to follow this  
steveg9

Website crashed?

Posted (edited)

I wonder if anybody at BF is now concluding that taking all things together it might have been easier just to give everybody canx their cash back at the start. That would have set the clock back to zero for all and all bookings would be new ones paid for in cash against revised schedules and availability, not a mixture of cash, vouchers, amendments (many obviously impossible) and browned off voucher holders wanting to speak to somebody or indeed anybody. Yes there would have been a temporary cashflow problem naturally but it now seems a good deal of that cash would have come straight back anyway. The hit had to be taken - always best to get it over with. 

Edited by Millsy
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Solo said:

I had to phone Tesco insurance this week, only on hold for about a minute, spoke to a woman with her child playing in the background, everything done with efficiently even working from home.  The only thing is she had a computer system that dealt with what she entered without crashing.  So it is possible to work a phone system from home, why can't BF.

Correct, so last week when it became obvious my Poole Cherbourg crossing was cancelled I did an online chat with Tracy (I think) to rearrange the booking to go Plymouth Roscoff. She said it was possible but complicated then 20 seconds later my mobile rang and it was Tracy in person, clearly working from home and within 3 minutes our booking was changed and my refund was authorised. Don't see a problem. Yes the website leaves a lot to be desired, but if you can persist it works. She was very helpful and cured the problem for me immediately. Judging from the background noise she was definitely at home.

Looking at some of the tweets, if you have a cancelled crossing, they will now switch to another crossing without charging extra.

That is good news as they seem to be slowly getting back to the correct ticket terms.

The only obstacle is getting hold of someone ! It really does need to be an option on the website like the airlines normally have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Millsy said:

I wonder if anybody at BF is now concluding that taking all things together it might have been easier just to give everybody canx their cash back at the start. That would have set the clock back to zero for all and all bookings would be new ones paid for in cash against revised schedules and availability, not a mixture of cash, vouchers, amendments (many obviously impossible) and browned off voucher holders wanting to speak to somebody or indeed anybody. Yes there would have been a temporary cashflow problem naturally but it now seems a good deal of that cash would have come straight back anyway. The hit had to be taken - always best to get it over with. 

Probably would have made them insolvent?

• Like 2

Crashed like a drunk driving the wrong way up the M4 at 90 mph...

I nearly amended my reservation too.

Rhys

1 hour ago, Penlan said:

Crashed like a drunk driving the wrong way up the M4 at 90 mph...

I nearly amended my reservation too.

Rhys

Seems alright now. Someone must have pushed this 

image.png.b84fedc4e94daaade6293263f39f79cb.png

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ZinedineBiscan said:

Is it just me or is manage my booking not working?  Keeps kicking me out when trying to select on board accommodation.

Finally got there.  It didn't like Chrome or Duck Duck Go. Eventually Edge on my laptop sorted it.   What a saga...