Sign in to follow this  
Aphrodite

Restart but no foot passengers

Armorique had 340 last night out of a possible 500 onboard apparently (on BF social media), all in cars. I guess that will only increase now. It's a shame but I reckon footies are out till Winter at least:/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

An update. 

We received an email cancelling our trip as foot passengers yesterday  Exactly the same trip has now been booked with car and cabin options was booked this morning.  You could not make this up. We stay near Roscoff so it is not really an issue. 

What would have been useful was an option from BF to change to booking to one with car.

I see that the timetables (updated today) include Poole to Cherbourg with Barfleur restarting on Monday 31 August. Can this be true?

25 minutes ago, BBCone said:

I see that the timetables (updated today) include Poole to Cherbourg with Barfleur restarting on Monday 31 August. Can this be true?

Seems strange that the first sailing is from Poole, not from Cherbourg.

43 minutes ago, BBCone said:

Certainly is.  Hoping to get some footage of her on the day.

2 hours ago, BBCone said:

Whilst it might be true, the same timetables show NEX restarting on that day as well so maybe they haven’t made the amendments for that week yet.

Potential footpax might like to be aware of a completely flexible ticket now available from Eurostar which can be booked now for travel any time up to December with no limit on the number of amendments that can be made up to 14 days before each planned date free of charge. So you can go when you like! https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/travel-info/travel-safe-with-eurostar/flexible-bookings

• Thanks 1

Saw the Eurostar ticket offer, but I would have to add on Caen-Paris and London-Portsmouth by train or NatEx since those are my origination and destination points.

That would probably take the roundtrip total to somewhere in the £150-200 range, and add about 4hrs each way to the journey time.

So fingers crossed for the resumption of footie services.

Yes it is a long way round for that. We use it to go to Cahors (if you're passing that city by the way do take time to stop off - it is charming) mainly so it works well for us. Check out the Oui SNCF site for fares that side - there are some real bargains to be had.