"In restaurants and bars, menu choices may be limited and space adapted to comply with new safety protocols."

Anyone able to report on the Armorique arrangements? I can picnic in my cabin for the evening meal but freshly baked croissants and petit pain are always the highlight of my morning arrival.

The implication from comments so far seem to be that a hot breakfast isn't available, but pastries/cereal etc are.

Hot food is available for lunch/dinner.

• 1 month later...

We are missing our ferry trips this year, and my daughter is desperate for the green Pistachio and Cranberry layered gateau/cake that is generally served as one of many desserts on the buffet table in Le Flora and Les Abers (it may also be available on other ships!). Does anyone know where I can get this BF speciality - or a recipe for it? A little inside knowledge would make someone very happy!

Just got back having sailed on Bretagne and Normandie. Both had fresh croissants and petit pain. Interesting to see the two different approaches (one guarded the entrance and insisted on using hand sanitizer, the other not). No main restaurant open. Was disappointed no steak available in the self service but the lamb stew was tasty. Something like 4-5 Hot options plus the usual array of cakes and tarts

10 hours ago, Tregastel said:

We are missing our ferry trips this year, and my daughter is desperate for the green Pistachio and Cranberry layered gateau/cake that is generally served as one of many desserts on the buffet table in Le Flora and Les Abers (it may also be available on other ships!). Does anyone know where I can get this BF speciality - or a recipe for it? A little inside knowledge would make someone very happy!

For what its worth, last year on the Bretagne I was told some cakes were baked on board by the 2 resident bakers and others were sent in from the fleet kitchens at Roscoff. Maybe a good time to test the PR and write asking for the recipe..Always worth a stamp

• Like 1

I know this is not the Armorique but on our return trip to Santander on the Pont Aven full english was available together with croissants and petit pain. Croissants etc are individually plated on paper plates.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Susie said:

Hi travelling on the cap finistere this week can anyone help with what food is available for breakfast, 

We travelled on Bretagne and Normandie in past few weeks. Full English breakfasts available with croissants, yoghurt, cereal, etc. Not sure if it was any different to normal sailings

Sailed back from St Malo on the Bretagne yesterday,  Hot breakfast available from self-service and the croissants were fresh and plated.

The La Gerbe de Locronan cafe was only open around lunch, but we were told that the baguettes and cakes had been made on-board in the early hours of the morning and they certainty seemed fresh.

The Les Abers restaurant was shut throughout.  Only the larger shop was open, and that was closed between 12.00 and 15.00hrs.