Sign in to follow this  
Khaines

Guernsey and UK tourists.

Can anyone advise what the current sitiuation is in Guernsey for UK daytrippers?  Libby is restarting this weekend and am tempted to book up, I know you have to wear masks on board which I’d hate, but Condor are taking footies and I am toying with the idea of a spin on her.  Masks will be a pain but the fact that they allow footies is tempting.  Just wondered what the latest situation in Guernsey is for us tourists.

On 03/07/2020 at 08:40, Khaines said:

Can anyone advise what the current sitiuation is in Guernsey for UK daytrippers?  Libby is restarting this weekend and am tempted to book up, I know you have to wear masks on board which I’d hate, but Condor are taking footies and I am toying with the idea of a spin on her.  Masks will be a pain but the fact that they allow footies is tempting.  Just wondered what the latest situation in Guernsey is for us tourists.

No day trips or any visits to Guernsey without 14 day quarantine until at least September (they are running a 7 day quarantine trial this week btw). We have a totally different policy to Jersey on this. Our tourists this summer will be coming from the Isle of Man where Aurigny will operate 2 direct flights a week up to the middle of September. This is a special airbridge where there will be no quarantine restrictions on travel between the two. The Isle of Man like Guernsey has covid under control with no known cases for quite some time. By the way 60 per cent of the airbridge tickets to and from the IOM have sold out after being on sale for only 2 days. 

• Like 2

Also interestingly the Isle of Man is keeping its border firmly closed for now....except to Guernsey tourists.

• Like 1

By the way just to be clear.....the screenshot in the post above was taken from the Isle of Man Courier newspaper. 

The Condor Rapide set sail today, to Jersey. The weather gods haven't been particularly kind though :/

1 hour ago, Nick Hyde said:

Also I think Libby went tech so that's why Rapide is sailing to Poole.

Probably took one look at the weather and pulled a sickie.

The whole Covid policies are so political. Westminster should be in control of the whole United Kingdom or it becomes a farce. You get Scotland 4 days behind England 3 cm different on distance,  and 2 less people in a group. Then Wales say slightly different then N I. Channel Islands should come under Westminster and all be the same. Its a war against a virus do surely the same should apply for tackling it. No wonder people get confused. Not saying Westminster get it right all the time but we need consistent approach.

46 minutes ago, adicat said:

The whole Covid policies are so political. Westminster should be in control of the whole United Kingdom or it becomes a farce. You get Scotland 4 days behind England 3 cm different on distance,  and 2 less people in a group. Then Wales say slightly different then N I. Channel Islands should come under Westminster and all be the same. Its a war against a virus do surely the same should apply for tackling it. No wonder people get confused. Not saying Westminster get it right all the time but we need consistent approach.

Channel Islands are not part of UK so make there own decisions on what is best for them.

The only political decisions come from Westminster. The devolved administrations avoid criticism, but choose more clarity for their populations.

14 minutes ago, colin said:

The only political decisions come from Westminster. The devolved administrations avoid criticism, but choose more clarity for their populations.

so.... they actually choose what they want to do for their own residents.

11 minutes ago, Manxscorpio said:

so.... they actually choose what they want to do for their own residents.

Crown dependencies are not part of UK or EU (like Gibraltar .... and IOM) -