5 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

...but she made it through the first week without breaking down. Ed. 

Not yet.  She’s only half way through....still 4 more passages to make before completing her first week!

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 15:10, TonyMWeaver said:

Looks like the view I had from my flat when I lived in Cobh .

40 minutes ago, des said:

Nice views from Roche's Point today. A holiday home here would be pleasant. 

Was often thinking the same. Those houses by the lighthouse would be perfect! We can dream I suppose 😀

• Like 1

Mr ROUE tweeted last night that PA has just restarted her rotations linking Roscoff and Cork for the first time since the Covid crisis began. Here is the link:

https://twitter.com/jmrouebferries/status/1281633171881304065?s=20

Would it be rude to point out that PA also did the same thing last weekend and that knowing where your ships are is probably a key skill required for running a ferry company? 

Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Mr ROUE tweeted last night that PA has just restarted her rotations linking Roscoff and Cork for the first time since the Covid crisis began. Here is the link:

https://twitter.com/jmrouebferries/status/1281633171881304065?s=20

Would it be rude to point out that PA also did the same thing last weekend and that knowing where your ships are is probably a key skill required for running a ferry company? 

Ed

The French Consul in Cork RT'ed his tweet. I responded with a pic of last week's arrival just to let him know.

4 hours ago, des said:

The French Consul in Cork RT'ed his tweet. I responded with a pic of last week's arrival just to let him know.

Very diplomatic of you. 😉 You are now the Consul's consul. Which I suppose makes me the Consul's consul's informant. Perhaps we should be on the payroll. 

Let's hope they are grateful for all our efforts.

Ed

• Like 2

It's also a bit odd that he refers to the Irish ambassador to France as 'beautiful and talented'. I never knew that beauty was a criteria for such appointments or that it took precedence over talent. If I was choosing a candidate for an ambassadorial posting I think Experience, Diplomacy, Competence and Language Skills would be at or near the top of my list. But, hey, perhaps times have changed. I'm sure that when she entered the diplomatic service her number one thought was 'don't let yourself go, whatever you do! Or your career is finished.' 

Ed

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

It's also a bit odd that he refers to the Irish ambassador to France as 'beautiful and talented'.

Ed

It's like a comment the Donald would make!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, zuludelta said:

It's like a comment the Donald would make!

Wouldn’t that be something more like “I didn’t know we sailed to Cork”? 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

It's also a bit odd that he refers to the Irish ambassador to France as 'beautiful and talented'. I never knew that beauty was a criteria for such appointments or that it took precedence over talent. If I was choosing a candidate for an ambassadorial posting I think Experience, Diplomacy, Competence and Language Skills would be at or near the top of my list. But, hey, perhaps times have changed. I'm sure that when she entered the diplomatic service her number one thought was 'don't let yourself go, whatever you do! Or your career is finished.' 

Ed

Probably can all be filed under "French diplomatic charm". Or something.

6 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Nice pics, doesn't look like much sign of life on deck though?

Saw a handful on deck but in fairness it wasnt a morning to be up on deck 😁 

1 hour ago, ccs147 said:

Few of the Pont arriving out of the mist and rain earlier this morning

spacer.png

It looks like she collided with an iceberg mid-crossing and is still dragging half of it with her. Ed. 

• Like 1