Jump to content

2021 Timetables


Recommended Posts

That time of year has come around yet again,everybody are confused with the timetable for the summer 2020 but the winter timetable is due out very shortly.some say tomorrow others say 18 july or 22 July,or e en later so does anyone out there have any idea when the timetable is going to be released?somehow I don't think it will be soon but you never know.thank you and stay safe

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One season the port of Arromanches did have 2.5 million passengers and 500,000 vehicles.

I think we all make the mistake in not appreciating the ways and means. A port may have excellent facilities but if the access and approaches are limited HGV's and holiday traffic will look elsewhere.

Yeah, the French BFenthusiasts website has been on strike from about 5 minutes before it went live. And that was 15 years ago. Ed. 

Posted Images

Best Guess is:-

https://www.brittany-ferries.fr/informations/situation-sanitaire-coronavirus/nous-repondons-a-vos-questions#tab-6

Question : « Pourquoi ne puis-je pas effectuer une réservation pour un départ en 2021 et utiliser l’avoir reçu par vos services ? »

Réponse : L’ouverture des ventes des départs après le 01/11/2020 jusqu’au 01/11/2021 est programmée le 22 juillet. Dès lors que les traversées 2021 seront ouvertes à la vente vous pourrez effectuer votre réservation en utilisant votre avoir.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote from Christophe Mathieu:

"Many of you have been asking about sailings for next year - which is great! We’ve been planning on a mid-July launch all year, but we have to finalise our fleet plan for 2021 (inevitably there have been some delays following lockdowns). We won’t share next year’s schedules until we’re confident in them, but please sign up to our mailing list if you want to be among the first to learn when we go live."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some hard thinking to do, I guess, about the peripheral routes (particularly Le Havre and Cherbourg) in light of the cancellation of Honfleur and possible ongoing covid-related onboard restrictions.  As well as the arrival of Galicia.

From what was said in that statement, I wouldn’t be surprised if the schedules look more different from the previous year’s schedules than we have become used to in recent times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Dear leader also said ‘We're excited to be able to open for 2021 with new additions to our fleet and great expectations for a successful and exciting 2021 season.’ which implies more than one new ship, maybe the Cotentin will return ?

Was that said pre- or post-Honfleur cancellation? 

Ed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes,  it's difficult to know. 

I need to book a weekend return for next January but really don't want to take my car with me. So I hope they are allowing foot passengers back on at that point. If I have to get a cabin for a day sailing then so be it. Ed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, David Williams said:

Best Guess is:-

https://www.brittany-ferries.fr/informations/situation-sanitaire-coronavirus/nous-repondons-a-vos-questions#tab-6

Question : « Pourquoi ne puis-je pas effectuer une réservation pour un départ en 2021 et utiliser l’avoir reçu par vos services ? »

Réponse : L’ouverture des ventes des départs après le 01/11/2020 jusqu’au 01/11/2021 est programmée le 22 juillet. Dès lors que les traversées 2021 seront ouvertes à la vente vous pourrez effectuer votre réservation en utilisant votre avoir.

 

David I thought we were all told to make our responses in English if possible ? Not all of us are French speakers but to your credit you are.stay safe

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Quote from Christophe Mathieu:

"Many of you have been asking about sailings for next year - which is great! We’ve been planning on a mid-July launch all year, but we have to finalise our fleet plan for 2021 (inevitably there have been some delays following lockdowns). We won’t share next year’s schedules until we’re confident in them, but please sign up to our mailing list if you want to be among the first to learn when we go live."

Tony sorry to say signing up to the mailing list,is a complete waste of time over the years I have been told when the sailing are available but 4/7 days after they were on sale.to cap it all last year mailing list Iam still waiting for 2019 winter sailing timetable.so sorry to say again not fit for purpose.so yet again going to have to keep logging on to see when on sale.mind you last year i was lucky I logged on just when they came on sale and got the crossings I wanted but were very lucky to get them.the reason was some people where well informed before hand on date and time they were coming out.one other point some people were even booked up even before they came out on sale.how can this happen?just want a day or two warning when the 2021 winter timetable will come out.many thanks and stay safe

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nodwad said:

signing up to the mailing list,is a complete waste of time over the years I have been told when the sailing are available but 4/7 days after they were on sale.to cap it all last year mailing list Iam still waiting for 2019 winter sailing timetable

I can't say I have ever had a problem, I've always received notifications.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nodwad said:

David I thought we were all told to make our responses in English if possible ? Not all of us are French speakers but to your credit you are.stay safe

Thank you for that reminder - sadly there was no English version to copy from as just like last year the UK site had a vague date and the French site gave a precise date which was accurate, if I had tried to translate it I am sure that a professional translator would comment on the words / tenses used.

For those who have problems with the article, I can confirm that le 22 juillet is the 22nd July.

David

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TonyMWeaver said:

I can't say I have ever had a problem, I've always received notifications.

They have always been after opening for bookings and it is important to get in early for either dogs or Summer Spanish Commodore. By the time the emails come out it is too late.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Iam afraid so,the mutt comes first before me and the kids,he is a big old man and most of his front feet have been amputated through cancer but is fine now and hobbles around ok.,he tends to nibble at his stumps so have to watch him all of the time.Just want a little guide line ie a day or two notice.in anycase I stop going on about my woes.stay safe all of you out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Thank you for that reminder - sadly there was no English version to copy from as just like last year the UK site had a vague date and the French site gave a precise date which was accurate, if I had tried to translate it I am sure that a professional translator would comment on the words / tenses used.

For those who have problems with the article, I can confirm that le 22 juillet is the 22nd July.

David

David many thanks for the update,much appreciated.stay safe

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, wortley said:

what on earth is the urgency to book now?  Is it just for dog cabins?

Expanding this a bit, if you know when you are likely to sail and it is in peak season, it is a good idea to book as early as possible. Not only do Dog and Commodore cabins to Spain sell out early but you get the cheapest price for the crossing due to the way that BF set the prices.

Last year I booked a Commodore Cabin to Spain for this July (sadly now cancelled by me !), I booked it at 6am and by the afternoon all Commodore Cabins had gone on the crossing and the basic cost had gone up.

The Flexi fare is excellent value and does give a great amount of flexibility and when I swapped the expensive Spanish sailing for a cheap French one all cash paid was refunded and the vouchers that I had added to the crossing paid for the French trip (with a small voucher as change !)

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is too much uncertainty around to persuade me to book early - no travel insurance will reimburse me if I am unable to travel because I catch Covid-19, nor if I am locked down at home if a hotspot develops, nor if the test and trace people tell me to isolate because I have brushed past someone in a pub.  I will wait. 

Edited by wortley
Link to post
Share on other sites

Low and behold after all of my twisting about the timetable and lack of information over the years.just got a message saying 22 July is the release date.this is what David said on the French website, makes you think why we cannot get the same information as the French website at the same time baffles me.but in any case fingers crossed it will be 22 July and not earlier which has happened in the past.stay safe

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nodwad said:

one other point some people were even booked up even before they came out on sale.how can this happen?

I am not 100% sure on this but a member of this forum I think it was Commodore in some early posts would ring up and pre- book a crossings quite a while before they came out.

You could in normal times predict the sailing days and times. I think what he was booking was commodore cabins on Pont Aven for Spain perhaps some of the longer term members will remember this  

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, nodwad said:

just got a message saying 22 July is the release date

Was that a response to a question you asked or some newsletter ?

The deliberate vagueness in the UK is probably to protect their website and phone lines (not a hope !)

Edited by David Williams
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wortley said:

There is too much uncertainty around to persuade me to book early - no travel insurance will reimburse me if I am unable to travel because I catch Covid-19, nor if I am locked down at home if a hotspot develops, nor if the test and trace people tell me to isolate because I have brushed past someone in a pub.  I will wait. 

That is why I mentioned flexi fares - they can be changed up to 4 hours before sailing at no cost, however we each make our own decisions. There is an issue about booking next year if most insurance companies are still not paying up for covid illnesses. I am not worried about cancellations with flexible tickets and refundable hotels it is just being ill when abroad that is a concern - at least this year we are covered by the E111 in Europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, David Williams said:

That is why I mentioned flexi fares - they can be changed up to 4 hours before sailing at no cost, however we each make our own decisions. There is an issue about booking next year if most insurance companies are still not paying up for covid illnesses. I am not worried about cancellations with flexible tickets and refundable hotels it is just being ill when abroad that is a concern - at least this year we are covered by the E111 in Europe.

I think you mean the EHIC card. If not, the E111 was replaced by EHIC several years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Leader said in his latest blog "We’ll have new additions to our fleet, including a new style of travel, and attractive schedules that aim to make the most of our fabulous destinations whilst also taking account of how the world is changing."

Any guesses as to what the new style of travel will be - Super economy i.e water skiing

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Andy changed the title to 2021 Timetables
  • Gareth pinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...