News threads can only be replied to, not created.

2021 Timetables

6 minutes ago, Gareth said:

One slight surprise is that it looks like Kerry’s Rosslare - Bilbao schdules are being taken over by Etretat (rather than Connemara).  So, currently, neither Kerry nor Connemara appear to be in the schedules for next year.  (See the Irish website).

Rosslare - Roscoff schedules do not seem to have been released yet.

Perhaps the offer of two sailings per week Cork to Roscoff replaces any Roscoff offerings from Rosslare. Shame as a 30 min drive to Rosslare is preferable to two & a half hours to Cork. 

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One season the port of Arromanches did have 2.5 million passengers and 500,000 vehicles.

The most sensible and logical option for the CI is to join the EU in their own right, France is a far more logical place for them to belong too anyway. Rhys

Yeah, the French BFenthusiasts website has been on strike from about 5 minutes before it went live. And that was 15 years ago. Ed. 

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Gareth said:

(And neither have the Roscoff - Bilbao sailings on the French website).  We know these must be happening, so it may be premature to infer anything from the absence of Rosslare - Roscoff or Portsmouth - Le Havre sailings.  Or, indeed, the absence of NEX from the schedules.

Having said that, it might be that BF has decided that they will no longer market the Roscoff to Bilbao leg.  Given that (as expected) the Roscoff crew change is moving to the day when there is no arrival in the morning at Roscoff from Plymouth (or Cork), it may be that they have decided it is not worth bringing in the personnel needed to handle the minimal amount of boarding traffic for Bilbao.  If so, maybe the omission of Roscoff-Bilbao sailings from the timetables is correct.  (In which case I suppose we’d have to conclude the omission of Rosslare-Roscoff and Portsmouth-Le Havre timetables is also correct).

Curious though - what will they do with Etretat’s crew change?  Will she still sail to France but freight-only?  (The freight website is not fully updated with the new sailings yet).  Will Le Havre still appear in the freight timetables?

Were we expecting both Kerry and Connemara charters to terminate?

And if NEX is not appearing in the BF timetables, is there yet a role for her to play in the Condor schedules?

Still quite a few unknowns.

• Gareth pinned this topic

I am not at all surprised that the Rosslare / Roscoff  sailing has been dropped , given that there are seven sailing per week to France with Stena and Irish Ferries and now two per week from Cork with Brittany Ferries for a total of nine sailings per week from Ireland to France . The two BF Cork sailings are only seasonal till October and  Irish Ferries reduces their Dublin Cherbourg schedule to three sailings a week for the off season which will still leave six sailings per week between them and Stena for the winter .

Edited by Chef
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, Chef said:

I am not at all surprised that the Rosslare / Roscoff  sailing has been dropped , given that there are seven sailing per week to France with Stena and Irish Ferries and now two per week from Cork with Brittany Ferries for a total of nine sailings per week from Ireland to France . The two BF Cork sailings are only seasonal till October and  Irish Ferries reduces their Dublin Cherbourg schedule to three sailings a week for the off season which will still leave six sailings per week between them and Stena for the winter .

On the Irish website there is a new route available to book between Rosslare and Cherbourg, commencing on March 22nd using Etretat.

- Depart Rosslare 20:00 Monday, arrive Cherbourg 14:00 Tuesday

- Depart Cherbourg 16:45 Tuesday, arrive 08:15 Wednesday. 

Three operators on the same route - who’d have thought?!

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Three operators on the same route - who’d have thought?!

Perhaps we should be buying shares in red buses.

Makes sense as Irish lorries will want to avoid the UK in future and BF did mention new routes and Cherbourg is clearly important to them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, David Williams said:

The cost of the Galicia suite is roughly the same cost as the PA Commodore which makes sense.

On Galicia to Spain:  “the price of your crossing includes 1 dinner and 1 breakfast in either the Azul or Taberna restaurant. For dinner, a seating group will be presented to you at check-in and shown on your cabin key.”

12 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

In today's update, the CEO (or El Capo perhaps, as we are not allowed to use certain other expressions) confirmed the imminent arrival of the timetables for Spain and the missing French routes. He said again that those who weren't able to travel this year and were willing to accept credit notes would get priority but did not make clear how this would happen. 

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/coronavirus/ceo-message

Ed

Well at 7am this morning managed to get our booking in for next summer 2021 Portsmouth to Santander with an outside pet friendly cabin and Commodore lounge both ways.

Interestly the ship sailing to Spain is the Galicia not CF so be interested to see how she compares?

No issues on the website this morning and seemless booking without crashing! Maybe it was because I was one of the first to log on?

No mention of prioritising those with 2020 vouchers?

Well done BF.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Andy said:

On Galicia to Spain:  “the price of your crossing includes 1 dinner and 1 breakfast in either the Azul or Taberna restaurant. For dinner, a seating group will be presented to you at check-in and shown on your cabin key.”

Yes I saw this when I booked the Commordore suite for next year. I thought £35 pp each way for this was reasonable including meals in the restaurant (breakfast and dinner).

Price wise its comparible to this summer plus the Commordore suite.

Outbound sailing times are late evening!

54 minutes ago, Andy said:

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. So if you go on PA to Spain your food's included, if you go on Galicia it's not. If you go on PA to Spain you get a choice of restaurants, if you go on Galicia it's decided for you.

I hope the 'seating group' notion refers to a time slot - with no offence to other people, the concept of sharing a dining table is my idea of personal hell and one I'd actively avoid.

51 minutes ago, Grego said:

No mention of prioritising those with 2020 vouchers?

I don't think they've ever said they'd do that

46 minutes ago, Grego said:

Yes I saw this when I booked the Commordore suite for next year. I thought £35 pp each way for this was reasonable including meals in the restaurant (breakfast and dinner).

A little confused - do you mean the Commodore C-Club lounge for £35pp? That includes drinks and snacks, but the actual meals are included in the base fare.

• Like 1

This is quoted on my booking

"The price of your crossing includes 1 dinner and 1 breakfast in either the Azul or Taberna restaurant. For dinner, a seating group will be presented to you at check-in and shown on your cabin key.uoted on our booking"

and

"Commodore Lounge including complimentary snacks" 

I'm also assuming we get complimentary drinks which including alcohol?

12 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don't think they've ever said they'd do that

A little confused - do you mean the Commodore C-Club lounge for £35pp? That includes drinks and snacks, but the actual meals are included in the base fare.

Sorry was meant to say credit notes not vouchers

38 minutes ago, Andy said:

On the Irish website there is a new route available to book between Rosslare and Cherbourg, commencing on March 22nd using Etretat.

I can't seem to find that new route Rosslare / Cherbourg .

17 minutes ago, Chef said:

I can't seem to find that new route Rosslare / Cherbourg .

Found it , not showing an actual timetable at the moment but can see it by doing a booking / quote . So that's ten sailings per week from Ireland to France .

Edited by Chef
5 minutes ago, Chef said:

Having a look at the "ships and onboard" page for Etretat it says her passenger capacity is 375 but on the deck plan section it is listed as 762 , which is it ? 

Not a direct answer - but there will generally be a maximum certified number for a ship versus the actual number an operator decides to carry in terms of staffing/comfort. Sounds like it's theoretically 762 but BF run her at 375.

• Like 1

I got booked this morning ,I had a bit of a problem with the website and was starting to get a bit agitated and all of a sudden it let me do the final part of the booking.so two people and one happy dog are relieved this morning.stay safe

32 minutes ago, David Williams said:

So the only question left is Le Havre and what ship, if any, we see on it.

Assuming that NEX has gone maybe they will continue the Le Havre, Cherbourg split route which would be ok for the Cotentin

And the role of CF in future schedules? After March it does not appear anywhere. I have the impression that there could be a mix of COTENTIN / CAP FINISTERE on Le Havre / Portsmouth, with maybe a new Le Havre / Rosslare line using CF? What becomes of CONNEMARA in this story? It is replaced by ETRETAT if I understood correctly?

• Confused 1
  • Andy unpinned this topic