News threads can only be replied to, not created.

2021 Timetables

2 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Seems hard to conceive that her future is with BF.  Transferring her to Condor seems a no-brainer if they want to get some sort of value out of her.

Trouble with that is that they only own 25% of Condor and would have to be scrupulous in ensuring that the deal is to the benefit of Condor - it would probably be easier to do if they weren't a part owner,

• Like 1
  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One season the port of Arromanches did have 2.5 million passengers and 500,000 vehicles.

I think we all make the mistake in not appreciating the ways and means. A port may have excellent facilities but if the access and approaches are limited HGV's and holiday traffic will look elsewhere.

Yeah, the French BFenthusiasts website has been on strike from about 5 minutes before it went live. And that was 15 years ago. Ed. 

Posted Images

On 24/07/2020 at 16:05, LHCity said:

This is official => Connemara and not Etretat !

https://lemarin.ouest-france.fr/secteurs-activites/shipping/37041-brittany-ferries-ouvrira-une-ligne-cherbourg-rosslare-en-mars

But on the schedules, this is Etretat again...

Someone who works at BF in Le Havre told me that there would be a question of CAP FINISTERE and / or KERRY being positioned in Le Havre. If this were the case, the timetables of other routes will still be modified.

Kerry's charter can't be extended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, David Williams said:

Trouble with that is that they only own 25% of Condor and would have to be scrupulous in ensuring that the deal is to the benefit of Condor - it would probably be easier to do if they weren't a part owner,

So they may as well own 25% of the ships too in that case. Ed. 

3 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Scarlton, do you know how long Connemara’s charter is for now?

Afraid not. All I know, unless it's changed of course, is that she will return to Ireland, presumably from November.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, scarlton said:

Afraid not. All I know, unless it's changed of course, is that she will return to Ireland, presumably from November.

In which case, I wonder why the timetables showing those sailings as being operated by Etretat(?).

4 minutes ago, Gareth said:

In which case, I wonder why the timetables showing those sailings as being operated by Etretat(?).

A lot of changes finalised in a short amount of time. So things still need to be integrated.

9 minutes ago, scarlton said:

A lot of changes finalised in a short amount of time. So things still need to be integrated.

Odd to publish them if they’re not yet ready for publication.  Does that mean we should regard all of the timetables that have been published for next year as provisional and liable to change whilst changes are integrated?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Odd to publish them if they’re not yet ready for publication.  Does that mean we should regard all of the timetables that have been published for next year as provisional and liable to change whilst changes are integrated?

You mean Barfleur might not be running after all? That would be a travesty!  Ed. 

4 hours ago, Afellowes said:

I wonder if they are trying to create a token service using NEX whilst they wait to see how things progress, 

We were booked to sail NEX from Portsmouth to Le Havre in June 2015. The holiday was booked in November 2014 and because we were going to The Vendee via Disneyland, a 7am fast crossing to Le Havre was ideal. In Feb 2015, BF cancelled the crossing, moving it to Cherbourg and we were forced to use the tunnel because we were going to lose a day at Disneyland otherwise.

5 minutes ago, elaine80 said:

We were booked to sail NEX from Portsmouth to Le Havre in June 2015. The holiday was booked in November 2014 and because we were going to The Vendee via Disneyland, a 7am fast crossing to Le Havre was ideal. In Feb 2015, BF cancelled the crossing, moving it to Cherbourg and we were forced to use the tunnel because we were going to lose a day at Disneyland otherwise.

The Vendee via Disneyland Paris, some would consider that a human rights abuse. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, nick hall said:

The Vendee via Disneyland Paris, some would consider that a human rights abuse. 😂

The only difference bring that Mickey really is king of all he surveys while Philippe de Villiers is just playing at being regent. Ed. 

Hang on a mo,

Kerry is due to return in November. 

Connemara will return to Ireland in November and is on charter until May 2021 this can reviewed during February 2021. 

Etretat is on a 6 month renewable charter and I doubt she''ll sail from Ireland to Spain as unlike the other two Visentini's she's not controlled by BAI.

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 12:44, jonno said:

Ouistreham is bursting at the seams. PNA's decision to further expand the hard standing at the port has been met with derision and been opposed by the townspeople who already think that the roads are too busy and in some cases dangerous. The road links to and from the port through the town are narrow and are not really suitable for the ever increasing volumes of heavy vehicles.

Excellent point well made. When I am enjoying the pleasures of Riva Bella, a really delightful little resort that shouldn't simply be passed through*, I've often wondered if the local people look at the terminal and the traffic as it's grown over the years wondering if it was really such a good idea.

*if you have never allowed yourself a day in Ouistreham and Riva Bella please make a resolution to do so. Both are charming.

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

As far as I know, everything else is right. Unless Galicia makes an early appearance. I would presume the logic is that it's better to get them on sale now, and all the money that brings, than delay them for a ship change within the same class.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, IanN said:

Tokyo & Paris

Tokyo under protest our host thought it appropriate

LA once (very rundown and cramped from what I remember back in 1996) and Paris at least 4 times (the first of which was using free tickets provided by the very blonde Finnish girl playing Sleeping Beauty in the parade at the time). Ed

22 hours ago, Gareth said:

To be fair, a lot of that talk has originated from BF's own rhetoric, in which "new ships", "new routes", "new travelling experiences" etc have been bigged up.  We're all aware that times are uncertain and that BF is in a precarious position.  We're all aware that plans are fluid and will almost certainly change.  But that doesn't invalidate pontification and speculation about what those plans might be by a group of enthusiasts in an enthusiasts forum.

Not saying it invalidates anything, just that it shouldn't be taken for granted that plans which were previously floated will happen.  There was a lot of rhetoric about GALACIA as well, but to all intents and purposes she looks to be Estrid with the colours changed and a few pictures!  The biggest appears to be a smallish extension to the existing Stena shop in the same area that was always intended for that purpose should it be required (duty free returning for example).  Oh and a bulkhead in the restaurant! 

Regarding COTENTIN if and when she does return.  Rosslare - Cherbourg anyone?  I hear the rail highway from Bayonne - Cherbourg has been given the go ahead by the government, do BF want Stena and IF to take that traffic?  One sailing a week over the summer months isn't going to build freight, and she wouldn't need any work really either running as a year-round freighter.  For Le Havre it would surely be cheaper to charter something in than go through a costly rebuild exercise.

Interestingly, ETRETAT has also been added to the vessel info on the Irish site but not CONNEMARA.

Edited by tarbyonline
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, tarbyonline said:

Interestingly, ETRETAT has also been added to the vessel info on the Irish site but not CONNEMARA.

I'm sure the press release that mentions 'Connemara' doing Rosslare to Cherbourg route is a typo.

1 minute ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I'm sure the press release that mentions 'Connemara' doing Rosslare to Cherbourg route is a typo.

Typos are one or more letters in addition to, or less than, what was intended.

For example: "Shoplifters will be Prostituted" or "Illegally parked cars will be fine" (perfect for the French).

Typing Connemara actully involved someone engaging their brain so must be a mistake, not a typo.

Ed