News threads can only be replied to, not created.

2021 Timetables

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One season the port of Arromanches did have 2.5 million passengers and 500,000 vehicles.

The most sensible and logical option for the CI is to join the EU in their own right, France is a far more logical place for them to belong too anyway. Rhys

Yeah, the French BFenthusiasts website has been on strike from about 5 minutes before it went live. And that was 15 years ago. Ed. 

Posted Images

& Back to insurance, I have just looked at the changes on the Nationwide flexplus site.

They have removed book before March constraint and said that the trip must be booked when no FCO warnings for the Country exists and started when no warnings exist. Therefore next week is a good time to book France and Spain for next year, however a trip to Portugal for next year would not be covered.

• Thanks 1

Today’s update includes the following

Turning our attention to next year’s schedules, I’m pleased to confirm that our new sailings will be live by the end of the month. It will be a staggered launch, with Spanish timetables taking a little longer to confirm. We’ll have new additions to our fleet, including a new style of travel, and attractive schedules that aim to make the most of our fabulous destinations whilst also taking account of how the world is changing.  

13 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Winter timetable routes to France will be available from 18 July and routes to Spain 22 July.fingers crossed.stay sare

Is that from a good source ? A Saturday launch is surprising as they don’t have a lot of cover on the phones at weekends, additionally they have still not cleared the cancellation backlog.

• Like 1

I’m puzzled by this phrase “winter timetable routes”.  If this is what they are talking about releasing then that will presumably cover sailings only up to about the end of March.  On the other hand, David’s intel mentioned a date of “1 November 2021” which the timetables will go up to.  They can’t both be right.

All the info on the UK and British sites plus Twitter comments from Jane refer to a 12 month timetable being released. 

However last year they did split the release into 2 with November - mid April being released in July and the rest in Octoberl - , however that may well have been because they wanted to bring in the new fare type after April.

Releasing groups of routes on different dates makes a lot of sense as far as website and call centre capacity anyway - 

13 minutes ago, Gareth said:

I’m puzzled by this phrase “winter timetable routes”.  If this is what they are talking about releasing then that will presumably cover sailings only up to about the end of March.  On the other hand, David’s intel mentioned a date of “1 November 2021” which the timetables will go up to.  They can’t both be right.

Gareth you are right i said that because the timetable  starts in November and should of said 2020/2021 timetable.someone else asked where I got my information from I got a message on my I pad with the dates and also David said on the French website it was 22 July for Spanish crossings.stay safe

2 hours ago, nodwad said:

David said on the French website

Off topic, but I've seen references like this a few times.  Is there a French version of bfenthusiasts.com? I've not found one.

Edited by Buzz
2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Yeah, the French BFenthusiasts website has been on strike from about 5 minutes before it went live. And that was 15 years ago. Ed. 

I heard they contracted some German blokes to develop their website, and it was due to go live in 2011, but they're still waiting for it.

• Haha 2

Latest update on next years schedule has been posted on the CEO update page.

Opening for the Winter and 2021, a message from our CEO

Dear All,

It feels like we’re finally getting back to something approaching normality this week.

Teams here have been working hard in the most exceptional of circumstances to prepare our schedules for this coming winter and next year. I have to say it’s a relief to get to this point and I’m looking forward to sharing them with you. We are very nearly there. 

This year’s opening will be different. It has to be. We’ll start with most French routes but not all, as they aren’t quite finalised everywhere yet. Then, we will launch Spanish routes shortly afterwards, probably a week later.

One thing I want to be clear about. We disrupted thousands of passengers this year, and four in five helped us through the darkest period of our history by accepting refund credit notes. As a thank you for your loyalty and support, I will ensure you get first choice of sailings, ticket types and cabin choices and the best chance to secure exactly what you want for 2021.

Don’t panic if you can’t see your preferred routes or services, there’s still plenty of work going on behind the scenes and our plan is to launch some a little later than others. Watch this space!

Similarly, I should be clear that we are launching ferry-only services. Our sail-and-stay holiday products won’t be launched until later this year and I anticipate this will also be a staggered launch.   

Launch day always brings with it overwhelming demand on our contact centres and websites. This year, the contact centres are already swamped so I need to ask you to please try and keep contact to a minimum. We’ve made huge progress in the past week, but service levels are still not where we’d like them to be.  

The website has been rigorously tested however and the team is on hand to ensure it delivers the best possible service speed. I’m hoping a staggered approach to launch will help.

Moving away from our exciting launch, we’ve heard from many of you questioning the documentation required for entering Spain. The Passenger Locator Form required by Spanish authorities that you can download doesn’t explicitly mention travel by ferry. But it should! Please do not worry, the authorities in Spain are aware of this anomaly. You will still be allowed to travel and we even have copies of the form on board so that you can complete it en-route and hand it in on arrival in port. 

Elsewhere, I know there’s still considerable unhappiness about our decision to not accept any further bookings for cyclists or foot passengers. I can only apologise now, but these are unparalleled times. We are taking a step-by-step approach to re-commencing passenger services and we have had to make many tough calls such as cancelling three ships for the entire summer season and restricting passenger capacities on others.

Every decision we have taken is a balance of what constitutes unnecessary risk operationally and what is truly viable in these most straitened of times. I can assure you the decision on cycles will be subject to regular and pragmatic review and if the service can be reintroduced with minimal disruption to our core business, it will be. Again, I’m sorry for the disappointment this decision created.

We’re seeing lots of encouraging signs from our customers looking to travel far enough away from home to feel like they’re escaping but close enough to feel they’re safe and this hugely encouraging.

I hope to see further positive trends once we launch and look forward to sharing our fabulous destinations with you into 2021.

Wherever you are, stay safe and well.

49 minutes ago, Andy said:

As a thank you for your loyalty and support, I will ensure you get first choice of sailings, ticket types and cabin choices and the best chance to secure exactly what you want for 2021.

Wonder if that is just hot air - I can't see how this will work.

Given the contents of the message, it would not surprise me to see French crossings on sale tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Wonder if that is just hot air - I can't see how this will work.

Given the contents of the message, it would not surprise me to see French crossings on sale tomorrow.

Easy enough if the only way into the new bookings engine is by inputting your voucher code on the opening page. Ed. 

5 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Easy enough if the only way into the new bookings engine is by inputting your voucher code on the opening page. Ed. 

But the really loyal people will have already used their vouchers for later this year & that would require changes to their website !

2 minutes ago, David Williams said:

But the really loyal people will have already used their vouchers for later this year & that would require changes to their website !

Well in that case they can email those who had vouchers a temporary access code which gets you in. Ed. 

7 minutes ago, nodwad said:

time will tell if the dates I got are right but has somebody has already said they may be out tomorrow.does anyone believe a word what brittany ferries say now?you all stay safe

The message from dear leader implied the French sailings would be soon & it was published a day after his other one which was unusual & a Wednesday is a good day to launch as there are loads of staff available - including their excellent IT department ready to put their fingers in any holes appearing in the IT dikes.

3 minutes ago, David Williams said:

.does anyone believe a word what brittany ferries say now?

I think that he has been told that we like someone sharing their feelings to us - the French site is less touchy feely in the newsletter !

I prefer facts and promises, not a litany of how bad his year has been !

Edited by David Williams
  • Andy changed the title to 2021 Timetables
  • Andy pinned this topic
  • Andy unpinned this topic