2021 Timetables

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

But the really loyal people will have already used their vouchers for later this year & that would require changes to their website !

Yep, we've used one of ours already for the 24th July and as we booked the other as two separate sailings we've those to use too. We'll probably have one remaining for the 2021 timetable.

We also have a few gift vouchers, we get them every year for birthdays etc, shame you can't use them at the same time.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we all make the mistake in not appreciating the ways and means. A port may have excellent facilities but if the access and approaches are limited HGV's and holiday traffic will look elsewhere.

Yeah, the French BFenthusiasts website has been on strike from about 5 minutes before it went live. And that was 15 years ago. Ed. 

I’ve removed another sequence of off-topic posts.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, jonno said:

Yep, we've used one of ours already for the 24th July and as we booked the other as two separate sailings we've those to use too. We'll probably have one remaining for the 2021 timetable.

We also have a few gift vouchers, we get them every year for birthdays etc, shame you can't use them at the same time.

As long as you book standard and flexi in advance you can add as many vouchers as you like one at a time before the final balance is collected

As long as you book standard and flexi in advance you can add as many vouchers as you like one at a time before the final balance is collected

You can only use one refund voucher per return booking and you can't use them in conjunction with gift vouchers. I tried when booking for the 24th. Since inception we only use flexi.

3 minutes ago, jonno said:

You can only use one refund voucher per return booking and you can't use them in conjunction with gift vouchers. I tried when booking for the 24th. Since inception we only use flexi.

I had an existing flexi booking, after booking I was able to add two refund vouchers and one friends and family voucher to the booking - they just have to be added one at a time. I haven't tried gift vouchers. This logic only works if more than 2 months away.

Note that BF recommend booking 2 singles as 2 vouchers can be used at the booking stage.

David

Edited by David Williams

When I got my latest refund credit note (no3) through which came via Customer Services the message said that when I wanted to re-book, if using more than one RCN to book by telephone through customer services.

22 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Note that BF recommend booking 2 singles as 2 vouchers can be used at the booking stage.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that for the next one.

On 13/07/2020 at 14:25, Trun said:

I think you mean the EHIC card. If not, the E111 was replaced by EHIC several years ago.

On 13/07/2020 at 14:00, David Williams said:

I am not worried about cancellations with flexible tickets and refundable hotels it is just being ill when abroad that is a concern - at least this year we are covered by the E111 in Europe.

Something that I ‘ve wanted to say for a while.

This EHIC isn’t and has never been, an open sesame to healthcare whilst abroad.  

From experience with friends who have needed treatment when staying with us, the acceptance / recognition of that card is, to say the least, iffy.   I could go in to more detail, but it would be too boring.

Suffice to say that if anybody thinks that with an EHIC, they’re ‘alright’, then they’re mistaken.  Emergency treatment will always be taken care of, but pretty soon afterwards, any hospital (down here anyway) will want your card details.

Our GP, superb as she is, isn’t the slightest bit interested in the EHIC.

Sorry, but that’s the reality.

• Thanks 1

I have heard same stories off a few people but 6 years ago I fell ill in Spain and was admitted to hospital and the treatment was first class no waiting x rays,scans,blood tests I only had the ehic card.the strange was when they discharged me it was after mid night.

The timetables and booking engine have been updated to reflect sailings through to end of October 2021, for French routes (excluding St Malo and Le Havre).

"Headlines" spotted so far:

- Galicia first sailing currently appears to be on the 22nd March 2021 from Cherbourg to Portsmouth.
- Armorique is operating a mid week sailing from Roscoff to Cork in addition to the Pont-Aven's weekend trip, departing Roscoff on a Tuesday.
- The Pont-Aven is making an additional midweek trip from Plymouth to Roscoff (to cover for the Armorique).

Galicia cabin options indicate:

- All cabins offer a "flatscreen TV's and complimentary video on demand to your TV and own device"
- Three Commodore Suites are available in addition to Commodore Cabins (which have access to the outside deck).
- "Commodore C-Club" lounge available in addition to reclining seats.
- Like the Armorique, all outside cabins (exc pet friendly and disabled) are Club or above.
- Full details here.

14 hours ago, David Williams said:

Wonder if that is just hot air - I can't see how this will work.

Given the contents of the message, it would not surprise me to see French crossings on sale tomorrow.

Hot air re priority to his kind customers - I managed o book a couple of crossings !

• Andy changed the title to 2021 Timetables

No Plymouth-Roscoff sailings for almost 5 months over late autumn/winter/early spring.

Pont Aven's Plymouth sailings move from Thursday to Tuesday evening, plus she does an additional Friday afternoon sailing

No early morning sailings from Plymouth next summer.

Edited by Paul

I guess that the new sailing experience is the premium lounge in the Galacia with snacks etc which looks to be an option on top of the cabin. That may end up in more ships !

Edited by David Williams

The Commodore Club cabins look to be the same size as the more standard cabins. Not sure how much you would gain with one of these now apart from a 'superior mattress'.  I couldn't find the reference to only three Commodore Suites but that does seem a very limited number.  Quite surprised about this as I thought that there would be more top cabins on Galicia given the rapid take up of Commodores on the PA.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Pont Aven's Plymouth sailings move from Thursday to Tuesday evening, plus she does an additional Friday afternoon sailing

Looks like we're back to the old schedule, that's what we in the west have wanted.  Short breaks to Spain are now possible again. The Friday afternoon crossing was always a relaxed way to get across, unless you had a long drive in France.

I guess that the new sailing experience is the premium lounge in the Galacia with snacks etc which looks to be an option on top of the cabin. That may end up in more ships !

Where is the info about Galicia?

Another thing with PA's schedule, there will be no spare time for catch up apart from going faster overnight, hope the engines hold up.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Rik762 said:

The Commodore Club cabins look to be the same size as the more standard cabins. Not sure how much you would gain with one of these now apart from a 'superior mattress'.  I couldn't find the reference to only three Commodore Suites but that does seem a very limited number.  Quite surprised about this as I thought that there would be more top cabins on Galicia given the rapid take up of Commodores on the PA.

There are three Suites which appear to be on top of the normal Commodore cabins.

22 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Andy;s post about 7 up

Interesting that the link in Andy's post has Galicia available in the 'Cruise Ferries'  Mine doesn't - is he using an advance version of the BF website?

• Gareth pinned this topic