News threads can only be replied to, not created.

2021 Timetables

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One season the port of Arromanches did have 2.5 million passengers and 500,000 vehicles.

The most sensible and logical option for the CI is to join the EU in their own right, France is a far more logical place for them to belong too anyway. Rhys

Yeah, the French BFenthusiasts website has been on strike from about 5 minutes before it went live. And that was 15 years ago. Ed. 

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, David Williams said:

however this was all meant to be about increasing Spanish capacity. 

Agreed - that’s why I think it’s more likely that they’ll still want to get the 3 rotations from CF.  Difficult to think what might be complicated about the St Malo timetable to necessitate delay in publishing though.  Unless it really is all sorted and it is about staggering the demands on the website and phone lines, as several have suggested.

Regarding the schedules of the Le Havre / Portsmouth route, here is BF's response to my request:

Hello, At the moment we don't have a date for the 2021 crossings on this line yet. We invite you to regularly consult our website or subscribe to the newsletter to be notified of new products. Our fleet will welcome new boats, there will probably be a change soon 😉 We wish you a good day, See you soon !

Edited by LHCity

I think they’re undecided as to whether Le Havre is going to continue.  That was a very noncommittal reply - and they are clearly (from that) not intending to release Le Havre schedules at the time when they’ve promised Spain and St Malo.

• Sad 1
36 minutes ago, Gareth said:

I think they’re undecided as to whether Le Havre is going to continue.  That was a very noncommittal reply - and they are clearly (from that) not intending to release Le Havre schedules at the time when they’ve promised Spain and St Malo.

Not sure, the public statement was that the rest of the timetable will be released next week, I also note that they were still talking about new ships recently - has Condor got anything they want to dump ?

4 hours ago, Gareth said:

Difficult to think what might be complicated about the St Malo timetable to necessitate delay in publishing though

Could it be something to do with the Condor deal as I suggested a long time ago? Perhaps they are trying to tie the BF arrival and the Condor departure together to allow a trans-ship service to Jersey. Ed. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Cabin-boy said:

Could it be something to do with the Condor deal as I suggested a long time ago? Perhaps they are trying to tie the BF arrival and the Condor departure together to allow a trans-ship service to Jersey. Ed. 

Possible.  Though - if you wanted to travel from Portsmouth to Jersey overnight, wouldn’t it be easier just to get on Clipper?

7 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Possible.  Though - if you wanted to travel from Portsmouth to Jersey overnight, wouldn’t it be easier just to get on Clipper?

Yes but you can't run an overnight service to both islands and get in at a realistic time in the morning. It's either stupid-o'clock in Guernsey and then breakfast time in Jersey or Breakfast time in Guernsey and late morning in Jersey. It was just a thought though but would be a good way for BF to sell extra capacity out of season. Ed. 

7 hours ago, Gareth said:

There is some chosen that will be played between the boats of Le Havre and the boats of St Malo

A service St Malo <> Portsmouth <> Le Havre with BRETAGNE and CAP FINISTERE?

Transfer of BRETAGNE in Le Havre (same size like NORMANDIE). Transfer of CAP FINISTERE in St Malo ? there may also be mutualisations that are being prepared with CONDOR FERRIES.

There is a reason why the ST MALO and LE HAVRE schedules will be published next week. If you continue on the current schedule, there is nothing complicated. I think the port authority of Le Havre had to negotiate with Brittany Ferries to get a ship equivalent to NORMANDIE, because important work has been done to accommodate a "real" ferry, worthy of the name.

8 minutes ago, LHCity said:

Transfer of BRETAGNE in Le Havre (same size like NORMANDIE). Transfer of CAP FINISTERE in St Malo ? there may also be mutualisations that are being prepared with CONDOR FERRIES.

There is a reason why the ST MALO and LE HAVRE schedules will be published next week. If you continue on the current schedule, there is nothing complicated. I think the port authority of Le Havre had to negotiate with Brittany Ferries to get a ship equivalent to NORMANDIE, because important work has been done to accommodate a "real" ferry, worthy of the name.

The problem with this is the lack of freight capacity of the Bretagne

https://www.brittanyferriesfreight.co.uk/fleet/freight-capacities

• Like 1

I didn't know that the freight capacity of BRETAGNE was lower than NORMANDIE. 39 vs 84 !!! 

Finally it is the CAP FINISTERE that is best suited to replace the ETRETAT, in a more qualitative version... especially on Brittany Ferries' 2nd FRET route. With GALICIA, CF will it be necessary on the Spanish routes?

Edited by LHCity
5 hours ago, hhvferry said:

The sad reality is that Le Havre is not a priority for BF and is unlikely to become one.

And ultimately probably better that it doesn’t.  Le Havre would ultimately stand a better chance of having a proper ferry service if it were left to someone else to step in and provide some competition for BF in the Western Channel.  Someone for whom it would be the priority and who can give it more than token attention.  I agree it is not BF’s priority and never will be.

8 hours ago, hhvferry said:

The sad reality is that Le Havre is not a priority for BF and is unlikely to become one.

it's your interpretation. It is not that of the Port authority of LH which has excellent relations with BF;-). The transfer of NORMANDIE was a positive sign. Let's wait for the schedules to be delivered next week, which holds great mysteries.

Edited by LHCity
31 minutes ago, LHCity said:

Port authority of LH which has excellent relations with BF;-).

Shame that it's relationship with their dockers is not quite as good.

And as far as BF customers are concerned Le Havre has proved a most unreliable port to book

Edited by David Williams
31 minutes ago, LHCity said:

Let's wait for the schedules to be delivered next week

I thought you said they told you that wasn’t going to happen?  (What you quoted was that we “don’t have a date for publishing 2021 schedules on this route” or something like that.  It was that information that they gave you that caused me to wonder whether they are planning on continuing with the route.)

25 minutes ago, Gareth said:

I thought you said they told you that wasn’t going to happen?  (What you quoted was that we “don’t have a date for publishing 2021 schedules on this route” or something like that.  It was that information that they gave you that caused me to wonder whether they are planning on continuing with the route.)

Sorry for the English/French translation. BF told me that the schedules were going to be published very soon at the same time for Le Havre and St Malo... with new ships ...?

• Thanks 1
  • Andy pinned this topic
  • Andy unpinned this topic