News threads can only be replied to, not created.

BF Refit Season 2020-21

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Images of MN Pelican in Ferrol. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/edouard-leveau-7b1aba65_it-is-a-way-better-without-clouds-and-with-activity-6763096676988198912-jqhw/?fbclid=IwAR0F_tx_FdZhYVi8ritJ1

Connemara in dry dock, thanks to Astilleros de Santander S.A.U. for the first photo and Viktors Trosins for the other two.

I’ve only just realised that Normandie has taken up residence in Cherbourg rather than heading for either Gdańsk or Santander for her lay up. Here are a few photos taken while delivering some much nee

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Chef said:

I notice they have a Rosslare /Santander in that schedule .

I’ve noticed that both the Rosslare and the Poole routes have been routinely operating to Santander (rather than Bilbao) in recent months.  Not sure why that is, although I did read something somewhere about industrial disruption at Bilbao.  (Not that it seems to have affected CF’s Portsmouth sailings, so it’s a bit of a mystery).

Cap Finistere is due to move to Astander at 14:00 local time today (Photos coming later).

Mont St Michel is on schedule to arrive in Gdansk tomorrow at 06:00. Mont St Michel passed the Island of Ven in the Øresund strait around 20 minutes ago.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Thanks 1

Looks like Cap Finistere has not finished de-storing, as she has headed out to sea to make way for Galicia (rather than going to Astander).

Also, looks as if they’ve decided that Galicia will load by the stern at Santander.  (Unless they turn her round before loading, but I’d imagine they only have an hour or so now, maybe 90 minutes, before loading starts).

• Thanks 1
On 01/12/2020 at 08:47, Gareth said:

I’ve noticed that both the Rosslare and the Poole routes have been routinely operating to Santander (rather than Bilbao) in recent months.  Not sure why that is, although I did read something somewhere about industrial disruption at Bilbao.  (Not that it seems to have affected CF’s Portsmouth sailings, so it’s a bit of a mystery).

Is indeed industrial/labour disputes. Obviously one of the certainties of life.

Also important to note that the route forcasts on marine traffic and the like are nothing more than guesses. The intended route isn't transmitted by the AIS, merely the destination. The website then makes its own assumptions on the route.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Mont St Michel is currently on sea trails off Poland and will not return as first thought (Unless something changes). Mont St Michel is due to spend Christmas Day at Skagen.

Sounds like a nice place to Spend Christmas to me ;) 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

Bet she's pleased that she was berthed alongside in Cherbourg  last night and not Portsmouth !

She wasn’t - she arrived this morning. Last night she was riding out the storm off the Ouistreham coast.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Looks like Armorique is undertaking some sort of SAR activity north of Ouistreham.  Pootling around in circles at about 2 knots.

Well, whatever it is, it’s clearly not serious enough to trouble MSM, which has just steamed past at speed en route to Portsmouth.

• Andy unpinned this topic