News threads can only be replied to, not created.

Saint-Malo blockaded

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All We are now back home in the UK after an eventful departure from St. Malo. Apologies for the delay, IT problems, flat battery and the lead in the car ! After waiting for about an

"Support it' is probably Breton patois for "capitulate" in English. (Hint to computer users - when writing capitulate, turn off predictive text . . . )

What do you mean 'still'? I've only just started. There's another 4 days of sun, sea, sand and social distancing to come down here before we head home and then up to (cooler) Normandy for 10 days.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BobtheBunker said:

Going to set of for Caen apparently.

Passenger who are waiting or the ship? Ship more likely to divert to Cherbourg, but passengers who are waiting may be transferred to Caen sailings.

3 minutes ago, colin said:

Ship more likely to divert to Cherbourg

Won't that bring the Cherbourg dockers out as well - there are a couple of pictures on the BF Twitter feed, however they are not definitive as to what happened,

Edited by David Williams
3 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Won't that bring the Cherbourg dockers out as well - there are a couple of pictures on the BF Twitter feed, however they are not definitive as to what happened,

Depends whether it is a wildcat local action or has wider union support.

7 minutes ago, IanN said:

How about alternate rotations Roscoff and Cherbourg for the rest of the year and let the dockers stew.

Corona Virus is causing enough disruption without people adding to it

Maybe 100% Roscoff, it will open that area up to those who would not dream of driving to Devon.

4 minutes ago, colin said:

A nice bonus lunch on board...

Probably complimentary on the company (or should be).  The last thing BF needs.  They’re probably wondering why they bothered reinstating the St Malo route.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, David Williams said:

Maybe 100% Roscoff, it will open that area up to those who would not dream of driving to Devon.

Sorry I was not clear I meant from Portsmouth. 

And to make it clear I love Devon and Cornwall and travelling from the midlands Portsmouth or Plymouth makes little difference to me. Next Easter Plymouth out Portsmouth back all down to crossing times.

Ian

14 minutes ago, IanN said:

Sorry I was not clear I meant from Portsmouth. 

And to make it clear I love Devon and Cornwall and travelling from the midlands Portsmouth or Plymouth makes little difference to me. Next Easter Plymouth out Portsmouth back all down to crossing times.

Ian

So was I, I would quite like a Portsmouth - Roscoff crossing !

• Like 1

That article (from what was visible before the paywall) says that the dockers had placed containers on the linkspan to stop vehicles leaving the vessel. 

How enterprising of them!

Feeding these idiots feet-first into Condor Rapide's water jets is becoming a more attractive option by the hour.

Ed. 

• Like 1

Seriously what is wrong with these people, I know some have been laid off but would the new firm employ them with this attitude?  Can't they see what's going on in the world, both Le Havre and St Malo could push BF out completely, will they be happy then?

Just now, Cabin-boy said:

Feeding these idiots feet-first into Condor Rapide's water jets is becoming a more attractive option by the hour.

Ed. 

Or straight into the twin props of the Bretagne would meet, certainly , with approval from this morning's passengers 😂🤣😂

14 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Even the tactics of Margaret Thatcher did not go as far as some of the suggestions on this topic.

It needs sorting & if it does not get sorted soon, hopefully BF will stop using St Malo until it is.

You might have had a different view if your onward travel plans with the family had been split asunder by these fools.