Club Voyage & Refund Vouchers

Decided to accept a voucher to "help" BF out in these challenging times.  Already renewed my club voyage for 2020 so had the 30% reduction.  Just received an email saying voucher holders 20% off tried to input with my refund code for a 2021 booking and there no additional discount oh but wait i'll  have to pay another years member with four months extension for free.   So Im paying £150 to get a saving of £60 so in effect being a club voyage member means i'm £90 worse off.  I've now asked for my cash refund and will take to from there.  

That's life, the parable of the late coming workers has a similar issue !

Club Voyage is designed for regular travelers with discounts, free or half price day cabins and breakfast on night crossings - an excellent deal.

This year we not only got 4 months extension but for a limited period an additional 10% off bookings.

All in all a great deal designed to reward and motivate regular travelers.

10 minutes ago, chrisberesford said:

Did you receive emails about the 4 month extension and extra 10% off?

I am a member and don't recall seeing any emails from BF to that effect.

Have a look at your account online, you should see an extra 4 months - it came as 2 * 2 months. The extra 10% came in a newsletter, however the offer has expired now

The 40% discount got applied automatically to new bookings for a few months.

Edited by David Williams
  • 6 months later...

I am not sure what is happening with Club Voyage renewal dates.

After last years 2+ 2 extension, mine was sitting at July renewal. we then were told in December that we would get another 3 months. 

The extra 3 months never appeared, I did chase it up !

Recently the renewal date has been set as August and the CV page on the website says:-

It is no longer possible to manage your Club Voyage membership online. This includes renewing your membership. All memberships have been automatically renewed until August 31st 2021.

If you wish to join Club Voyage, you can still do this via our contact centre. 

I have no idea what is happening, I did raise a query, however have not had a response yet.

Edited by David Williams
  • 1 month later...

Has Brittany Ferries ever explained what happened to the Club Voyage expiry date 3-months extension promised last Christmas?

I enquired about this on February 26, saying 

"As a result of sailings changes and COVID-19 restrictions my Club Voyage (CV) membership period was automatically extended by Brittany Ferries by 2 months twice in 2020 - 4 months in all - so that, when I amended a booking in October 2020, my CV membership’s expiry date was shown as having been extended from its original 31 March 2021 to 31 July 2021.

A ‘Merry Christmas’ email from Brittany Ferries to me on 24 December 2020 advised as follows

Membership extension

We understand that not everyone has been able to use their membership this year, so as a little thank you for your loyalty we are giving you 3 months free membership. This extension has been added automatically so you don’t need to do anything.

What actually happened was that my CV membership date was extended from 31 July 2021 to 31 August 2021 - a 1 month extension not the 3 months promised in the Merry Christmas email that should have extended my membership to 31 October 2021.

I have queried this twice via your Customer Feedback email address and been told that your Accounts department would extend my CV membership by a further 2 months, but that has not happened.

I now see that the CV webpage says

It is no longer possible to manage your Club Voyage membership online. This includes renewing your membership. All memberships have been automatically renewed until August 31st 2021.

I also note that this CV 1-month not 3-months expiry-date extension discrepancy was recently highlighted on the Brittany Ferries Enthusiasts online forum and has been reported to you, but no explanation has yet been provided.

Could you comment please?"

On 7 March I received the following reply

"thank you for your email re the extension periods on your Club Voyage membership.

I have forwarded it to our Sales Ledger and Club Voyage teams for further investigation. They will be in touch as soon as possible.

Best regards"

I’m not sure how the Brittany Ferries Sales Ledger and Club Voyage Teams interpret the phrase “as soon as possible”, but so far neither team has been in touch with me. 

3 hours ago, Gareth said:

Surprised this hasn’t just been applied to all accounts automatically.  Why do they need to deal with them account by account?

I suspect that the 3 month extension was 'dropped' in favour of moving everyone to the end of August, however they did not cope with those whose 3 months would have taken them over the end of August.

Just a suspicion !

However, I don't understand the logic of moving everyone to the end of August.

I don't think everyone was moved to August. At least I wasn't.

3 months were added last year to mine, bringing the renewal date to 31st December 2020. Duly renewed my membership and now received the extra 3 months. I'm now covered until end of March 2022.

13 minutes ago, crechbleiz said:

I don't think everyone was moved to August. At least I wasn't.

3 months were added last year to mine, bringing the renewal date to 31st December 2020. Duly renewed my membership and now received the extra 3 months. I'm now covered until end of March 2022.

Similar to you, except I had a total of 4 months added last year, then a few weeks after renewing in January I had an extra 3 months added taking my renewal date to the end of April 2022.

I renewed in March 2020 to expire 31.3.21

I then received an email in May 2020 thanking me for renewing and now it runs to 31st August 2021. I am quite happy with that as many other organisations have only given an extra 3 months.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, IanN said:

Typical we have a booking for the first of September 2021. Membership expires Thirty first of August

Can’t you bring it forward by 24 hours - or contact them and ask nicely...

I’m one of the lucky ones who’s been allowed to travel legitimately during the last 6 months but it hasn’t been hassle free, far from it. Whenever I’ve hit that proverbial brick wall I have to say BF telephone staff have been amazing and really gone the extra mile or three...

Chris

5 minutes ago, mjturner said:

I renewed in March 2020 to expire 31.3.21

I then received an email in May 2020 thanking me for renewing and now it runs to 31st August 2021. I am quite happy with that as many other organisations have only given an extra 3 months.

It is good that you are happy, however in all BF promised 7 months extra, 4 last year which would have moved you to the end of July and another 3 at Xmas. They then moved some to the end of August and removed the option to join or renew online. 

7 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Can’t you bring it forward by 24 hours - or contact them and ask nicely...

I’m one of the lucky ones who’s been allowed to travel legitimately during the last 6 months but it hasn’t been hassle free, far from it. Whenever I’ve hit that proverbial brick wall I have to say BF telephone staff have been amazing and really gone the extra mile or three...

Chris

It was just a comment on my luck really.

Changing the crossing to Spain by 24 hours Plymouth to Santander could be problematic😀

On 30/03/2021 at 22:01, David Williams said:

It is good that you are happy, however in all BF promised 7 months extra, 4 last year which would have moved you to the end of July and another 3 at Xmas. They then moved some to the end of August and removed the option to join or renew online. 

Thanks for the feedback.

As I explained earlier, I have essentially ‘lost’ 2 months of the 3 months Xmas 2021 extension that was supposed to have been automatically added to my Club Voyage account’s expiry date.

For Brittany Ferries to say that "All memberships have been automatically renewed until August 31st 2021” is plainly nonsense, as this would mean that CV memberships that began in the post-August months of 2020 would have their membership period reduced.

As an retired systems analyst/programmer I fully appreciate how things can go wrong (I was definitely not immune to making embarrassing mistakes myself) but having been promised a 3-months extension to my Club Voyage account as a Xmas present and ending up with a 1-month extension, I feel entitled to be a bit miffed.

As David’s CV membership expiry-date issue was eventually resolved, I’ll have another go at BF’s Customer Services. And if that fails to work I suppose I could try complaining on BF’s Facebook page.

A follow-up to my postings above.

I have still received no communication from Brittany Ferries’s Sales Ledger and Club Voyage teams about the 3-months 'Xmas-present' extension to my CV membership period. However, when I checked my CV account yesterday I saw that the Xmas extension had (finally) been implemented and my CV membership expiry date has now been revised from 31 August 2021 to 31 October 2021.

• Like 1