With a holiday cottage in Brittany, we take the ferry to France about once every two months.  We find Brittany Ferries efficient, professional and with good customer service.  We usually travel aboard the Armorique and have sampled many cabins.

Last trip, a few days ago, we were allocated cabin 8439.  This is on deck 8 immediately opposite the top of staircase C and immediately below on deck 7 at the bottom of the staircase is the live entertainment stage.  Apart from the cabin door, with only crew operated doors, which were open,  between the two, we may as well have been in the audience.  The noise was unbearable.  We were treated to screaming kids at 9pm and a solo singer at 10pm.  We complained, without any result.

If you attend live entertainment at the theatre, you are usually warned if your seats have a “restricted view”.  Surely this cabin, and maybe those on either side, should have a warning of “restricted quietness”. 

Also, as Brittany Ferries is presently recommending we all stay in our cabins, why are they putting on live entertainment at all.

So be warned, if you want to sleep before midnight (although it ended earlier this time), don’t get stuck in cabin 8439.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Welcome to the forum - and thanks for sharing! 

If you complained onboard and it wasn't resolved, it's probably worth dropping an email to customer services.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Pierre le Derrirer said:

Also, as Brittany Ferries is presently recommending we all stay in our cabins, why are they putting on live entertainment at all.

A very good question. Singing in church services is, I think, banned due to the risk of fine droplets being carried over long distances so I can't see how singing falls within the draconian measures BF have adopted and applied across the fleet. Ed

A jocular comment I made on church music which I made speaking as a communicant member of the Church of England for 55 years, a chorister from 1962 to 1976, and a sacred music afficianado for all my adult life seems to have caused some offence so I have removed it.

Edited by Millsy
  • Sad 3
3 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

A very good question. Singing in church services is, I think, banned due to the risk of fine droplets being carried over long distances so I can't see how singing falls within the draconian measures BF have adopted and applied across the fleet. Ed

All communal singing is banned at the moment - not just a church thing.  All choirs and secular singing groups have also been banned from both rehearsing and performing since March.  With good reason I suspect - as you say, Ed, the fine aerosols that get sprayed into the air during the process of singing must be a high risk environment.

That said, that is a UK rule and not a French one.  Don’t know if the same restrictions apply under French jurisdiction, but presumably the French regulations will dictate what is and isn’t allowed on board.  I’d be very surprised if “live entertainment” is allowed on board? (Except maybe piano playing!).

The CEO Message says:-

We now have some limited entertainment available and hope to develop more dining options in the coming weeks as teams get used to managing the through-flow of customers around the ship.

However the entertainment has always been limited !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1