Sign in to follow this  
Bisnick

Do I or don't I ?

A question for those of you who have a better crystal ball than mine that cracked in the extreme heat in Spain. We have put back our return to UK, Santander -Plymouth one week as people cancelled in the apartment we are using. Its happened again so we have the opportunity to extend another week and return on the  12th August sailing. 

Has anyone heard if many people who had booked on the Spanish sailings have cancelled due to the new quarantine requirement on return? I was wondering if lack of numbers would make BF consolidate sailings to enable continuation of services. We have no problems with the 2 week isolation at home as retired and it may well change by then.

I have a hard hat ready, so don't hold back. So would you or wouldn't you ? All opinions welcome. There may be something glaringly obvious that we have not considered.

Regards 

Bisnick.

36 minutes ago, Bisnick said:

A question for those of you who have a better crystal ball than mine that cracked in the extreme heat in Spain. We have put back our return to UK, Santander -Plymouth one week as people cancelled in the apartment we are using. Its happened again so we have the opportunity to extend another week and return on the  12th August sailing. 

Has anyone heard if many people who had booked on the Spanish sailings have cancelled due to the new quarantine requirement on return? I was wondering if lack of numbers would make BF consolidate sailings to enable continuation of services. We have no problems with the 2 week isolation at home as retired and it may well change by then.

I have a hard hat ready, so don't hold back. So would you or wouldn't you ? All opinions welcome. There may be something glaringly obvious that we have not considered.

Regards 

Bisnick.

Where are you in Spain? Ed. 

Will your insurance still be okay if you stay longer and don't come home when you could?  Might be worth just checking as there are question marks on cover for people now going on holiday.

22 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Where are you in Spain? Ed. 

In between  villages called Palomares and Garrucha, just off the A7. One hour north of Almeria and two south of  Alicante.

17 minutes ago, Solo said:

Will your insurance still be okay if you stay longer and don't come home when you could?  Might be worth just checking as there are question marks on cover for people now going on holiday.

As we left before the latest do not travel dictate all is fine, both car, breakdown and personal Ins Ok.

To answer the specific question about sailings cancelled, there haven’t been any sailings cancelled as a result of the removal of Spain from the exemption list.  BF has stated that all sailings are operating, so any amendments will need to be made by customers in line with the normal T&Cs.  BF are definitely putting the onus on customers to amend or cancel their bookings, and are not going to cancel the sailings themselves so as to avoid the liabilities they will incur by cancelling sailings.

So I think as far as sailings running are concerned, you’ll be fairly safe.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bisnick said:

In between  villages called Palomares and Garrucha, just off the A7. One hour north of Almeria and two south of  Alicante.

Well I'd say 'stay where you are' and just be sensible (which you most probably are being anyway) and enjoy the weather and food. The rules regarding masks are there for good reason and if you follow those then the risk is minimal. Ed. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gareth said:

To answer the specific question about sailings cancelled, there haven’t been any sailings cancelled as a result of the removal of Spain from the exemption list.  BF has stated that all sailings are operating, so any amendments will need to be made by customers in line with the normal T&Cs.  BF are definitely putting the onus on customers to amend or cancel their bookings, and are not going to cancel the sailings themselves so as to avoid the liabilities they will incur by cancelling sailings.

So I think as far as sailings running are concerned, you’ll be fairly safe.

Yes that was my interpretation of the latest message, Obviously its costing us in moving the booking and we are adding it into the total holiday costs so far.

3 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Well I'd say 'stay where you are' and just be sensible (which you most probably are being anyway) and enjoy the weather and food. The rules regarding masks are there for good reason and if you follow those then the risk is minimal. Ed. 

I totally agree, the way the mask wearing has been enforced is so good. We are 20m from the sea and everyone has them on. The local Police regularly patrol the beach in their buggy and there are new beach security staff patrolling as well. We both feel far safer here than back home.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bisnick said:

I totally agree, the way the mask wearing has been enforced is so good. We are 20m from the sea and everyone has them on. The local Police regularly patrol the beach in their buggy and there are new beach security staff patrolling as well. We both feel far safer here than back home.

I think you have answered your own question. 

Personally i would stay but each has to do his/her own risk assessment.

• Like 1