Normandie at Ouistreham – a different view

Back at Ouistreham today (en route home from a seaside stroll and lunch at Lion sur Mer) thought I'd try some pix of the incoming Normandie from the West side – ie just by the entrance to the ferry terminal.

Not as successful as my pix from the East a couple of weeks ago, but for the record, here's a shot of her completing the turn into the berth.

(Apologies for the fisherman's line which you can see crossing the BF logo. I did spend a couple of minutes trying to remove it in Photoshop, but at 20:00 it's still warm here in Caen and the balcony beckons for the last hour or so).

Incidentally, although there are no foot passengers yet, the afternoon Maritime Express bus was running – a driver route learning trip. Which saved us a walk back to the Port.

All we need now is some definite info on when we will be able to travel again.

normandie berthing 2.png

• Like 5

Ken I updated you on this in the Sailings update this, here’s what I said then.

I think there’s (another) gremlin in the system Ken. I’ve just tried a dummy foot passenger booking from Portsmouth-Caen and although showing « Sailing Full » up to the end of August you can book from the 1st September onwards. I would hurry though because places will be very limited to start with.

In other words you’ve another 4 weeks to wait until you can photograph Ouistreham from Normandie’s outside deck.....😎

Hope that helps

Chris

3 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Ken I updated you on this in the Sailings update this, here’s what I said then.

I think there’s (another) gremlin in the system Ken. I’ve just tried a dummy foot passenger booking from Portsmouth-Caen and although showing « Sailing Full » up to the end of August you can book from the 1st September onwards. I would hurry though because places will be very limited to start with.

In other words you’ve another 4 weeks to wait until you can photograph Ouistreham from Normandie’s outside deck.....😎

Hope that helps

Chris

Thanks, Chris.

That's the photo I'm longing to take. And of course the matching pair – departing Portsmouth and arriving back here. 

Sorry, I should have responded to your original post. I think I read it, went away and tried two or three different dates in September and October with different results – unavailable / full / not responding as well as a some good dates. But at that point I was distracted – had to head out for a physio appointment.

Thanks again.

Ken