Credit note/voucher

Hi all

With great reluctance we have decided to pull the plug on our European mini adventure, it just seems the sensible thing to do now. We were booked on a Commodore cabin on PA from Plymouth on August 30th.

My question is, is it possible to just get a credit note or voucher to be used for future travel? I don't particularly want a 75% refund, but nor do I want to pick a particular sailing in the future - we have no idea what our plans are next year, other than we will probably use BF. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

The latest BF info is here  It seems that the only alternatives they are publicising are to amend the booking or to cancel and claim on your insurance. If a sailing is going ahead their usual cancellation terms will apply. Your best plan is to contact them direct - good luck with that.

The advice that BF has been giving on Twitter has been to amend your booking to a future date (assuming that your ticket is amendable) and to then amend it again once you know what you want to do.

On 14/08/2020 at 07:51, BristolWino said:

Hi all

With great reluctance we have decided to pull the plug on our European mini adventure, it just seems the sensible thing to do now. We were booked on a Commodore cabin on PA from Plymouth on August 30th.

My question is, is it possible to just get a credit note or voucher to be used for future travel? I don't particularly want a 75% refund, but nor do I want to pick a particular sailing in the future - we have no idea what our plans are next year, other than we will probably use BF. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Given that you appear to have a flexi ticket, you could swap it for a cheap crossing to France and no cabin on a future date and ask for the difference to be refunded in cash (you need to ask), at a later date you could use that as a basis of a new trip later. 

I have not worked out what happens if the new trip is less than the price of your original deposit.

On 15/08/2020 at 11:11, David Williams said:

Given that you appear to have a flexi ticket, you could swap it for a cheap crossing to France and no cabin on a future date and ask for the difference to be refunded in cash (you need to ask), at a later date you could use that as a basis of a new trip later. 

Someone on here mentioned that there is a years limit on an amended ticket. Would that year start from the date of Version1 of the ticket or from the date when I amend the ticket as I'm now about to do?

1 hour ago, straightfeed said:

Someone on here mentioned that there is a years limit on an amended ticket. Would that year start from the date of Version1 of the ticket or from the date when I amend the ticket as I'm now about to do?

It is not currently being enforced, however my understanding is 12 months from outward on version 1.

Enclosed Tweet & linked responses  discuss this.

Terms and conditions include:-

Fares are only valid for the sailing dates/times indicated. Open return tickets are not available. The maximum validity of our tickets is 12 months from the date of the outward leg.

• 4 weeks later...

Had to cancel 2019 sailing owing to my wife being taken seriously ill. Had booked via Caravan Club, no problem got a full Voucher refund from Brittany Ferries via the Club, valid for 2 years. This year ( 2020 ) booked again via Caravan Club and low and behold I got a dose of Covid, had to cancel again on medical advice, again NO problem, got another voucher from BF have booked again for 2021 ( 3rd Time lucky !!!)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2020 at 11:11, David Williams said:

I have not worked out what happens if the new trip is less than the price of your original deposit.

You may have worked this out by now but anything below the deposit amount is non-refundable.