First Spain, now France. Is this the death knell for BF?

Correction!  The health secretary is speaking now. The new 5-level scale is Green (Chris' warehouse is safe- phew!) - Pink (including where we live) - Red (avoid Le Havre if you know what's good for you) - Scarlet (only Aix/Marseille and Guadeloupe right now - don't even think about going to the pub or restaurant) - Off-the-scale (no colour is shocking enough - you can now officially panic).

Ed. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brittany Ferries has sent BFE the following statement, in response to some of the recent media speculation: .

What a great statement and hopefully the prophets of doom will sleep easier tonight. As some of you are aware I'm in a business that relys heavily on ferry companies bringing passengers over to France

You can't magic up freight demand for north western France out of nothing, what a strange view of the world. It can be teased away from the tunnel to some degree but the fact of the travel patterns in

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Correction!  The health secretary is speaking now. The new 5-level scale is Green (Chris' warehouse is safe- phew!) - Pink (including where we live) - Red (avoid Le Havre if you know what's good for you) - Scarlet (only Aix/Marseille and Guadeloupe right now - don't even think about going to the pub or restaurant) - Off-the-scale (no colour is shocking enough - you can now officially panic).

Ed. 

Any idea what colour Briittany (Roscoff/Morlaix) is Ed. I guess Brest might be higher or don't they that go that Local.

Here in Cornwall and Devon for example mostly green but with new local clusters now appearing at Exeter, Plymouth and Falmouth caused by incoming and partying new University students plus a meat factory in Redruth. 

27 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

Any idea what colour Briittany (Roscoff/Morlaix) is Ed. I guess Brest might be higher or don't they that go that Local.

Here in Cornwall and Devon for example mostly green but with new local clusters now appearing at Exeter, Plymouth and Falmouth caused by incoming and partying new University students plus a meat factory in Redruth. 

You are still green. They are doing it at a departmental level and Brest isn't skewing the results yet. Rennes is red however due to the mass of students testing positive among other factors. Ed.

9 hours ago, hf_uk said:

What is the likelihood do you reckon, that the France quarantine period will end before November 1st, allowing an 'isolation free' return from a daytrip to Roscoff on the Pont? Slim, or none?

Judging by their figures, absolutely zero. More than twice as many new cases a day being recorded as the U.K. and it's been that way for a few weeks now.

I have a feeling the French will be closing their borders to the U.K. & Spain very soon.

• Sad 1

Agreed Jonno but luckily we’re in 2 départements (29, 50) where the virus isn’t rife at the moment and life goes on as (just about) normal - that could all change though. If borders are closed I need to think very carefully about which country I should be locked down in as in theory I’m still down for knee re-engineering in early November in the UK.

Even in worst affected areas in France the authorities are trying their darnedest to avoid bringing in the restrictions we saw 6 months ago so for now I can continue to hop back and forth across the channel. 

Not easy at the moment though.....😳

Chris

• Like 2