Pet passports after December 2020

3 hours ago, nodwad said:

there is no reason why a pet should be scanned leaving the uk

There is , if the animal had been stolen and was being taken out of the country , unlikely that the thief would be in possession of the  passport and easier to match the legitimate owner of the pet when they are in possession of  it .

• Like 1
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a quick update on all this as I've been busy recently... Although I successfully got the 2 pooches to the UK, coming back to France was a completely different story as some of you suspected

That's red cheddar. I don't want no communist rubbish, no matter how cheap it is.  Ed

Thankfully not but it could have been a spanneriel in the works....🐕‍🦺😂

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Chef said:

There is , if the animal had been stolen and was being taken out of the country , unlikely that the thief would be in possession of the  passport and easier to match the legitimate owner of the pet when they are in possession of  it .

Yes you could be right about that,but I don't think anyone would try and smuggle dogs out that way.border controls are a lot tighter since brexit.

15 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Yes you could be right about that,but I don't think anyone would try and smuggle dogs out that way.border controls are a lot tighter since brexit.

It was always the case before Brexit and it will be after it  , the micro chip is for more than just travelling out of the country , you don't have to have you pet chipped just for the passport , in Ireland it's required regardless .

Edited by Chef
14 hours ago, KeithR said:

What happened in Caen did they check your paperwork? Did they send you to the Vet facility down the main road towards Caen?

Keith

Not remotely interested in my 4 legged passenger, just me and as usual asked where I was heading and for what reason. It helps to show them a utility bill with your name and address to back up the story...

Chris

18 hours ago, Chef said:

It was always the case before Brexit and it will be after it  , the micro chip is for more than just travelling out of the country , you don't have to have you pet chipped just for the passport , in Ireland it's required regardless .

Also micro chip is compulsory in Isle of Man for identification purpose of owner/address etc..... prior to 2018 a dog licence was required (at cost) and a metal identification number size of a ten pence piece to be attached on the pets collar...