As soon as I saw this topic I was envisaging many people not exactly being too concerned about the prospect of not enjoying another crossing on the Burgundy....

And I wasn't disappointed!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've found the Burgundy laid up in Legoland Windsor next to the last remaining Stena HSS , unfortunately soon she will probably discover the same fate as the HSS

As for the Burgundy yes she has never been a particularly lovely ship, being too obviously a ship bolted together rather than designed properly for passenger service. However... I thought she loo

Alas not - when I've put in the request to add us into the forum softwares mobile app, it needed an image bigger than a BFE logo I had to hand. I used a photo of the PA (by Andy) to get the form submi

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, AdamW said:

As soon as I saw this topic I was envisaging many people not exactly being too concerned about the prospect of not enjoying another crossing on the Burgundy....

And I wasn't disappointed!

I resent the implication of enjoying 'another' crossing as I'm not sure I have one that's been enjoyable to start with...

• Sad 1
14 minutes ago, Jim said:

I resent the implication of enjoying 'another' crossing as I'm not sure I have one that's been enjoyable to start with...

Well, I did debate 'enduring' as an alternative!

14 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

Dover - Calais? You are only on the ship for a short time. They are just floating motorway service stations with facilities to match. Not exactly voyage experiences.

Some service stations are more preferable to others though!

Some service stations are more preferable to others though!

Yes, but almost none are destinations of choice though and you can usually get a tolerable cup of coffee during the short time you are aboard which is all they merit really.

We've always found the DFDS Dover Dunkerque route to be a bit more civilised.

Nick’s last post highlights the excellent new feature of reducing the thread you « quote » , so if you don’t wish to see the same photos ad infinitum ( I have occasionally been the guilty party) you don’t end up with 5 miles of scrolling to get back to a particular point. 

On a separate note, the BFE icon on my apple devices has a picture of a BF vessel normally seen on Spanish routes. I would imagine our friend living in the BH postcode area would prefer a shot of a vessel named after a fishing village on the northeast Cotentin peninsular. Stupid question but can the icon be customised or does Brigitte need to slip one of you a backhander?

Chris

14 hours ago, hhvferry said:

However... I thought she looked pretty smart on board in the early P&O Stena days when she'd just been refitted and the service and maintenance standards were at their peak

I first went on her in 2002, I happened to think at the time she was quite smart inside and modern. I've always sat in the Bar at the rear of the Ship.

The next time I think was 2006, a cold wet stormy December night sat in the car on the docks at Dover with no ships in sight for 2 hours and the wind shaking the car and the Lorries next to us, we were grateful for any ship that turned up and it happened to be the Burgundy. 

Fast forward to the last 2 occasions and you start to realise how much the Maintenance has slipped-  cracked and peeling laminate floor tiles, torn seat coverings and I kept getting a whiff of stale Cigarette smoke, surely they've changed the Carpets and the Curtains since the Smoking ban? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, chid679 said:

Fast forward to the last 2 occasions and you start to realise how much the Maintenance has slipped-  cracked and peeling laminate floor tiles, torn seat coverings and I kept getting a whiff of stale Cigarette smoke, surely they've changed the Carpets and the Curtains since the Smoking ban? 

The last 2 occasions being 2017 and 2018

9 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

n a separate note, the BFE icon on my apple devices has a picture of a BF vessel normally seen on Spanish routes. I would imagine our friend living in the BH postcode area would prefer a shot of a vessel named after a fishing village on the northeast Cotentin peninsular. Stupid question but can the icon be customised or does Brigitte need to slip one of you a backhander?

Chris

Alas not - when I've put in the request to add us into the forum softwares mobile app, it needed an image bigger than a BFE logo I had to hand. I used a photo of the PA (by Andy) to get the form submitted and will update it before too long. It seems that as well as using the picture for the app (when it gets sorted) the forum software is also using it as the favicon. I'll sort it shortly and avoid the use of any particular vessel.

To put the thread back on topic, at least I didn't use a photo of the Burgundy ;)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fiobhaniar said:

Currently looking at it from the other side of the dock. No more signs of life than usual just now.

One report today said she is leaving tomorrow (20th) another said Saturday so we will have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, chid679 said:

I've found the Burgundy laid up in Legoland Windsor next to the last remaining Stena HSS , unfortunately soon she will probably discover the same fate as the HSS

20201017_154129.jpg

20201017_144904.jpg

I'm going to take Baby Jim along as my excuse to throw bricks at it... ;)

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, chid679 said:

20201017_154129.jpg

20201017_144904.jpg

Love how the Legoland link span designers were working to a different scale to the Legoland ferry designers.

Try boarding as foot passenger.