Pride of Burgundy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I`ve been up there at times and its been like a shipping car park. Got great views from King Harry Ferry. In summer when its busy they run boat trips up from Falmouth to have a look at them..Frien

As for the Burgundy yes she has never been a particularly lovely ship, being too obviously a ship bolted together rather than designed properly for passenger service. However... I thought she loo

I've found the Burgundy laid up in Legoland Windsor next to the last remaining Stena HSS , unfortunately soon she will probably discover the same fate as the HSS

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, colin said:

We were there before it first opened as a trial with the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, represented by Prince Edward on that occasion. When was that? late 80s?

Legoland Windsor? Mid 90s. Think I went in 95 and it wasn't that old 

3 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Me too but strangely the only bit I can actually recall was the parrots on bicycles. Ed

I think the safari bit was a non event, however the Dolphin show was impressive.

Mind you, looking at the past with today's glasses, I guess that I should say it was cruel.

On 09/09/2020 at 21:43, enyajtrebor said:

A couple of pics of the Burgundy laid up at Leith, Edinburgh. Looking in a sorry state- will she ever return to service?

C5C842C7-87BB-4A64-8239-13EF2C71BC6E.jpeg.8fd5aecddba605d4fdbb5b2a0829ac03.jpeg

171FBB95-4663-465C-AD97-643C50857726.jpeg

Ah memories. She took me to Calais during the BF strikes of 2012! Imagine the number of times she's made that crossing!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Paully said:

She looks to be in cold lay up now, the AIS has been turned off. Watchman only onboard.

Yes, same thing happened with the Olau twins.  The Fal used to be used quite regularly by Sealink for laying up ships after withdrawal.  Was not uncommon for there to be three there at a time (all rafted together).

20 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Yes, same thing happened with the Olau twins.  The Fal used to be used quite regularly by Sealink for laying up ships after withdrawal.  Was not uncommon for there to be three there at a time (all rafted together).

Yes I`ve been up there at times and its been like a shipping car park. Got great views from King Harry Ferry. In summer when its busy they run boat trips up from Falmouth to have a look at them..Friends brother used to do winters as watchman on lay up in the Fal. In those days it was a one man job (cost).He said it was a weird experience. He used to use the Masters cabin and was supposed to do walk round (with a torch only) of all decks as fire prevention at night...The noises were enough to scare anyone apparantly.

• Like 4