Transport museum Glasgow.

Seeing as there’s not many voyage reports thought I would share some photos of our recent trip to the excellent and free Transport museum in Glasgow which would no doubt be of interest to a lot of forums members due to the vast amount of all transport artefacts on show.

F33212B7-981C-4B6B-9725-646ACCBDD7FC.jpeg

0C349A35-B0CA-4677-8F24-71BF9D735569.jpeg

Great photos. The last time I was there, we took my brother-in-law, his wife and son who were over from the USA. Parking had been an issue the previous time we had been there so I parked in Govan and we crossed the Clyde on the Govan ferry. The 3 children had a great time on the Glenlee before we even got into the museum (my photo on the Waverley thread was taken from the Glenlee that day). We had intended to return to Govan by the ferry but we went out the front of the museum before we returned to the river so that the children could get their photos taken on the giant chairs and we discovered that the Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust was outside and running buses to Govan so we took up that opportunity which let our American guests see a bit more of Glasgow.

Having grown up on the southern outskirts of Glasgow, I have memories of Glasgow Transport Museum in three locations; the building that is now the Tramway Theatre, the Kelvin Hall and the Riverside Museum. My paternal grandfather was a captain with Anchor Line and the ship room in the Kelvin Hall had a model of an Anchor Line ship. The new museum has an Anchor Line shop in its streets of shops. I never really knew my grandfather as he died on ship in the Middle East when I was only 20 months old.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JohnMustow said:

Will she be calling In at Ilfracombe I think that used to be on her Itinerary ?

Not sure what she will be doing, but I assume so.  She stopped calling at Bournemouth ages ago, but not sure if any other of her calling places have changed.