Condor Liberation

TonyMWeaver

4 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Brigitte’s comment about NEX being too costly run is slightly false

I agree, NEX can not be anymore expensive to run than Rapide or Liberation. If NEX was expensive to run, why move the vessel to another route? It will still be expensive to run no matter what route she serves.

1 hour ago, Rattler43 said:

@Jim Do you think it might be an idea that now BF is a part owner of Condor the CI might deserve a slightly more prominent position on BFE rather than being being under  the "Other Ferry Operations" banner?

I'd concur with the response @Gareth has already provided 👍.. There's already a category of 'Channel Islands' under the 'Other Ferry Operations' board, which in all but name is effectively for Condor :)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tecnosam6 said:

Well it could be a possibility I suppose. A very Rapide like Incat has appeared for sale in the UK... http://www.boatersresources.com/boat-for-sale/1996-Custom285FastRoPaxFerry-Used-438653

That's Condor Express, the sales info is very out of date which is normal for ship brokers around the world. She's been Champion Jet 2 since 2015.

Too short to be Normandie Express and is too old to be Condor Rapide.

You can still find Superfast VI for sale on a couple of broker sites, she's been Cruise Olbia since 2016.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jonno said:

That's Condor Express, the sales info is very out of date which is normal for ship brokers around the world. She's been Champion Jet 2 since 2015.

Too short to be Normandie Express and is too old to be Condor Rapide.

You can still find Superfast VI for sale on a couple of broker sites, she's been Cruise Olbia since 2016.

That's what I thought last night. Wasn't she laid up in Tilbury at the time awaiting a buyer? Ed. 

2 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

That's what I thought last night. Wasn't she laid up in Tilbury at the time awaiting a buyer? Ed. 

It was either her or Vitesse...  Condor Express in the only 1996 built WPC Incat 86 - Hull 42, the other three of the same length Hulls 43-45 are all 1997 WPC's launched from May - July of that year... Rapide  was the last of them.

Normandie Express was one of the first Incat 98's, delivered during November 2000, there's been 6 of them.

This is from memory, if I was at home I could be more accurate as I have the design specs/ customer choices for every WPC Incat have built and what's been upgraded or modified since birth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

That story was February 2019, I can't see it being that. According to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB), as of February 2019, it was still in development and no further info. I would say it's been shelved.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9800658/reference

On 30/09/2020 at 15:47, jonno said:

Yep, word is that Damien Lewis is Bergerac.

Too old. Dont forget Bergerac was about 37 to 48 ish and they want to do a young bergerac like Morse and Tennison.

Needs to be in their 20s and can't see it being filmed in Jersey as would need 1960s style locations etc. Jersey has changed a lot even since 80s