15 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Visentinis have their uses after all....

I've done two round trips to France on both Horizon and Epsilon and found them to be to my liking , the accommodation area is pretty quiet due to being so much further from the engine room spaces and very little noise in the alleyways due to no trough traffic to another part of the ship .

4 hours ago, Chef said:

I've done two round trips to France on both Horizon and Epsilon and found them to be to my liking , the accommodation area is pretty quiet due to being so much further from the engine room spaces and very little noise in the alleyways due to no trough traffic to another part of the ship .

How is the sound proofing in the cabins on them?

On a Pont Aven crossing a few weeks ago, I was surprised at how much I could hear from the neighbours (they were just having what seemed like a normal conversation). Not sure if it was my particular cabin or the ship in general.

• 2 weeks later...

Stena Horizon is finally back on the Cherbourg route this afternoon following her little holiday moored off Anglesey, and about time too. Vinga was cancelled yet again yesterday causing considerable disruption to freight customers. She's standing in for Europe on the Rosslare-Fishguard run from tomorrow for a week, hope she has better luck there...

Chris

15 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Stena Horizon is finally back on the Cherbourg route this afternoon following her little holiday moored off Anglesey, and about time too. Vinga was cancelled yet again yesterday causing considerable disruption to freight customers. She's standing in for Europe on the Rosslare-Fishguard run from tomorrow for a week, hope she has better luck there...

Chris

It will be a lot longer than a week....4 to 6 expected.

7 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Strange, because Stena website is showing the Europe back on Tuesday 1st of December hence why I thought she was only off for 1 week. I’ll check with someone I know who works for Stena later this morning.

Chris

The Stena Europe requires extensive deck replacement work.  sources onboard were saying 4 to 6 weeks, more likely the later.  Add in the Christmas and New Year period and she isn't likely to be back before January.

She is now off the freight timetable until 6 December but I imagine they are gradually switching over to the Vinga - most booking systems require each individual sailing to be moved over.   Stena Europe factifies are also not bookable throughout December on the passenger website.

• Thanks 1