Cap Finistere in Plymouth

15 minutes ago, IanN said:

Must be saving BF a fortune in fuel. Will customers get any compensation for any extra miles driven

Usually, yes. But this will be arranged directly with them rather than published in public.

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

Usually, yes. But this will be arranged directly with them rather than published in public.

Pont and now Cap.... You just can't keep them away from BF's most convenient channel port. It's a fact :D

49 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

LKW Walter invasion is about to begin, and Western Approach is shut. Wednesday too. haha. they will love that... all queuing up through the centre of town!

I didn't know Western Approach was closed until I got to it, so had to go around North Cross roundabout again and come down Cobourg Street.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Pont and now Cap.... You just can't keep them away from BF's most convenient channel port. It's a fact :D

< Insert comment about winter levels of service from Plymouth here... > 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I didn't know Western Approach was closed until I got to it, so had to go around North Cross roundabout again and come down Cobourg Street.

There's some good plant machinery for spotting down there at the moment ;)

21 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

They'd soon increase if Portsmouth wasn't there!

You're forgetting Poole. How could you!?

(For the avoidance of doubt for residents of Dorset, my tongue is firmly in my cheek...)

• TongueOut 1
30 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

I was going to comment, that every time CAP visits Plymouth it seems to be in a grey-out. However, I have a feeling it's the place, not the ship which is cursed! 

Not every time - March 2019:

Brittany Ferries Cap Finistere at Plymouth - new logo (13).jpg

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Gareth said:

She’s a regular visitor.  She calls there every year at about this time. 😀

She has 2 maritime inspections carried out in Plymouth each year. And this time of year, plus a few from weather diversions. I think she's been in about 6 times this year.

HF's third picture and Pauls 2019 image highlight the restrictive nature of the anti collision area and the berth itself. You'll not be seeing an E-flexer at Plymouth. Galicia and her sisters are 10.5 metres longer than the Cap and nearly 3 metres wider.

The anti collision area can't be made larger as there are MOD legal restrictions in terms of how close a civilian vessel can pass.

1 minute ago, jonno said:

HF's third picture and Pauls 2019 image highlight the restrictive nature of the anti collision area and the berth itself. You'll not be seeing an E-flexer at Plymouth. Galicia and her sisters are 10.5 metres longer than the Cap and nearly 3 metres wider.

The anti collision area can't be made larger as there are MOD legal restrictions in terms of how close a civilian vessel can pass.

She is due to do berthing trials in Plymouth though according to the media? Perhaps it's trial in the sense of 'this is what needs to be done to make it work in future'? 

1 minute ago, hf_uk said:

She is due to do berthing trials in Plymouth though according to the media? Perhaps it's trial in the sense of 'this is what needs to be done to make it work in future'? 

Oh well then, if the media said it then I'll start making the bunting now and hire the flamenco dancers as it must be true.

• Haha 2