Commodore on new ships

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Were the prices reasonable? I ran a quote for a Spain crossing and thought the cabin prices were eye-watering for the Commodores.

Well Jim. Let me put this in context. I am someone who gets upset at having to pay more than £39 in a Premier Inn. But it happens. We also traditionally splash out a bit on our post-christmas return - staying at the Lion d'Or in Bayeux for a Caen morning departure. So the Commodore suite (originally booked as a Commodore on the Pont), cost £70, I think. (I don't have the actual invoice split in front of me). I can live with that - once a year! The 4 berth going out, booked at a later date, cost £45 or £47.

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Were the prices reasonable? I ran a quote for a Spain crossing and thought the cabin prices were eye-watering for the Commodores.

Probably more than the cost of the crossing. Are they value for money?

7 hours ago, Jim said:

For May the cost for the motorhome is £333.20 outbound & £357.70 for the return from Santander. The Commodore suite is £286 each way.

That's with Club Voyage for Spain. It doesn't alter the cost of the cabins does it, just the fare?

Overall the outlay in March will be £762.90 due to a refund voucher.

You do get your dinner, breakfast and hot & cold food in the Commodore Lounge... which I intend to exploit shamelessly!

This to me suggests that apart from Orangina, Toblerones, M&M's & mini Dime bars I won't really need to fork out for anything else.

(Note to self... the Orangina will be free in the lounge yer daft scouse numpty!)

14 minutes ago, jonno said:

For May the cost for the motorhome is £333.20 outbound & £357.70 for the return from Santander. The Commodore suite is £286 each way.

That's with Club Voyage for Spain. It doesn't alter the cost of the cabins does it, just the fare?

Overall the outlay in March will be £762.90 due to a refund voucher.

You do get your dinner, breakfast and hot & cold food in the Commodore Lounge... which I intend to exploit shamelessly!

This to me suggests that apart from Orangina, Toblerones, M&M's & mini Dime bars I won't really need to fork out for anything else.

(Note to self... the Orangina will be free in the lounge yer daft scouse numpty!)

Is that on Galicia? 

23 minutes ago, jonno said:

I do love enjoying a lounge on a ferry or at the airport.

I haven't read much detail of exactly what the C-Club Lounge will include - are there more details than here https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/hola-galicia/taste-of-spain

1 minute ago, RickOShea said:

I haven't read much detail of exactly what the C-Club Lounge will include - are there more details than here https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/hola-galicia/taste-of-spain

Not really, just this on the BF site.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ships/cruise-ferries/galicia/eating-drinking#tab-2

2 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

Thanks - look forward to seeing how it works.  I am a big fan of Stena Plus and the Irish Ferries Club Lounges.

Yes used to enjoy Stena Plus when we sailed quite often from Fishguard. Never experienced Irish ferries offer but did slide out of the king size bed in the port side suite!

59 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

A lounge at the ferryport with airport style lounge facilities would appeal to me - with valet parking to take the car on board the ship.  

This is maybe comparing apples and pears but...The Galicia does a weekly Portsmouth Cherbourg night crossing through the summer taking 8 hours. The Bretagne does the daily Portsmouth St Malo taking 11hours. The June/July prices of the top of the range Commodore on the Galicia are £137 whilst the ageing Bretagne`s top of the range is £169. 

I`m tempted..

7 minutes ago, Paully said:

This is maybe comparing apples and pears but...The Galicia does a weekly Portsmouth Cherbourg night crossing through the summer taking 8 hours. The Bretagne does the daily Portsmouth St Malo taking 11hours. The June/July prices of the top of the range Commodore on the Galicia are £137 whilst the ageing Bretagne`s top of the range is £169. 

I`m tempted..

There is a considerable difference to waking up in St Malo to waking up in Cherbourg !

Are meals included on the Cherbourg crossing ?

3 minutes ago, David Williams said:

There is a considerable difference to waking up in St Malo to waking up in Cherbourg !

Are meals included on the Cherbourg crossing ?

depends on your routing, it adds about an hours drive (longer if you call and see Fine Whine first) to where we are headed. Breakfast is included at that price on both vessels. The Bretagne departs at 8.15 and the Galicia at 11pm..

4 minutes ago, David Williams said:

I was thinking about the town, it takes a lot to beat the view of St Malo, however granted it does not include a wine warehouse !

I do take your point it is a wonderful sight on arrival and sad on departure.......Oh decisions decisions😁 

I don't mind Cherbourg at all plus I'd take the car and with those sailing times you can easily enjoy the day in and around the town, maybe visit the aquarium & museum next door to the port too?... if they're open of course.

She'll need to move when Barfy (?) turns up on the Monday afternoon.

On 27/10/2020 at 20:56, jonno said:

Yes used to enjoy Stena Plus when we sailed quite often from Fishguard. Never experienced Irish ferries offer but did slide out of the king size bed in the port side suite!

I would skip Fishguard these days....

Unless you have a taste for the Antiques Roadshow.

Rhys

1 hour ago, Penlan said:

I would skip Fishguard these days....

Unless you have a taste for the Antiques Roadshow.

Rhys

We moved from Haverfordwest 5 years ago so I don't think there's much chance now.

There were many times when we'd return from France via Cherbourg to Rosslare then cross to either the Dock or Goodwick rather than drive back from Portsmouth.