FSG Hull No. 774 - A new chapter

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Everyone, I have gathered as much as I could find and speculate about Honfleur (FSG 774) over the past few days. I tried to make sure that most of the stuff that I mention in this post isn't rep

130 is really a sample number based on a range of different accompanied and unaccompanied traffic.  Giving a trailer capacity for any ship is always hypothetical.   As food for thought, see this link

Ok, let’s try again... Now that the vessel formerly known as Honfleur has finally arrived at Fosen shipyard I think a new heading/thread is called for because the next chapter in her troubled lif

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Ed, it is worth translating the question for others !

Ok, so the question 'Le chantier a-t-il repris sur le Honfleur ? Si oui, une date de fin de travaux est-elle annoncée ?' translates as:

'Has assembly work restarted on Honfleur? And if so, has any date been given for the completion of said work?'

Ed

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

David he’s basically asking if the next stage of work on the (ex) Honfleur has been started yet, and if so how long is it planned to go on for...

Chris

Chris, I managed to work that out ok !

However some get prickly at seeing French in this forum and Ed did offer to translate it !

ps and I do like to see an expert at work !

Edited by David Williams
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Is it my imagination or has her funnel been removed?  If so, is that an indication that they might be modifying her engines to run on more conventional fuel?

Looks like it...I also wonder if they are looking at extending the accommodation block...?

55 minutes ago, Chaplain said:

Looks like it...I also wonder if they are looking at extending the accommodation block...?

If they no longer need space for the tanks then that would make sense but they'll have to presumably sacrifice something lower down in the hull to add in other fuel tanks that weren't planned before. 

Ed

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

I still reckon she'll be sold to Tasmania as they have double-deck loading facilities there and in Melbourne. 

Ed

to partner with what though?

A freighter and/or fast craft?

One of the existing pair?

29 minutes ago, VikingVoyager said:

to partner with what though?

A freighter and/or fast craft?

One of the existing pair?

I don't know. They wanted two ships and got neither but it's a state-owned service so the money should be easier to find. Maybe they can keep the Superfasts going for a couple of years until something else can be built. 

Ed

I did hear a rumour that Ed needed a boat, so he has bought her, and she his having a lightning fit out as a Covid-19 mobile vaccine centre, which will go full speed up the Loire till she grounds ... But I have not had any confirmation.

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

If they no longer need space for the tanks then that would make sense but they'll have to presumably sacrifice something lower down in the hull to add in other fuel tanks that weren't planned before. 

Well if they were looking at a longer route and have a potential buyer such extensive alterations could make sense ...

1 hour ago, jujudu62100 said:

Looks like a blue color on the front of the boat, maybe the start of a new livery? where just a protection of the hull.

Would DFDS be interested in her as a long term solution for Roslare-Dunkirk? With extra accommodation could work for their longer term needs...

1 hour ago, Chaplain said:

Eh bien, s'ils envisageaient un itinéraire plus long et avaient un acheteur potentiel, de telles modifications pourraient avoir du sens ...

DFDS serait-elle intéressée par elle comme solution à long terme pour Roslare-Dunkirk? Avec un logement supplémentaire, cela pourrait répondre à leurs besoins à long terme ...

had the same thought .. the color is really close 

I had the same thought .. the color is really close to DFDS

Fosen Yard wins important project – chooses Elpro for installation of electrical equipment

Fosen Yard and Elpro have now signed the contract which makes Elpro responsible for the installation of electrical equipment for a Siem Group passenger ferry, provisionally called Newbuild 93. In a very difficult market for the shipbuilding industry, Fosen Yard has demonstrated competitive ability, adaptability and strength by winning the coveted contract. The yard says that suppliers such as Elpro are crucial with regard to the planning as well as the execution of the project.

Newbuild 93 is a large and modern RoPax ferry (see facts box at the bottom of the page), which originally should be completed in quite another place than at Fosen. In the spring of 2020, the German yard which originally had the responsibility for the project went bankrupt – and the present project owner, Siem Group, has chosen Fosen Yard to complete the ferry.

SEE MORE: https://elpro.no/maritime/2021/01/21/fosen-yard-wins-important-project-chooses-elpro-for-installation-of-electrical-equipment/?fbclid=IwAR268bcEdTJBmuOvxmq84op2E4V-X09130OqFEVnxhAl1jLbnpeOkMfaB8w

Elpro_FosenYard_NyBygg_Header.jpg

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Chaplain said:

Well if they were looking at a longer route and have a potential buyer such extensive alterations could make sense ...

Would DFDS be interested in her as a long term solution for Roslare-Dunkirk? With extra accommodation could work for their longer term needs...

I don't DFDS will be thinking long-term about Rosslare - Dunkerque only 6 weeks in....

• Like 2
6 hours ago, colin said:

I did hear a rumour that Ed needed a boat, so he has bought her, and she his having a lightning fit out as a Covid-19 mobile vaccine centre, which will go full speed up the Loire till she grounds ... But I have not had any confirmation.

He needs a Narco  boat to run cheddar and pickle across the channel .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2