FSG Hull No. 774 - A new chapter

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Everyone, I have gathered as much as I could find and speculate about Honfleur (FSG 774) over the past few days. I tried to make sure that most of the stuff that I mention in this post isn't rep

130 is really a sample number based on a range of different accompanied and unaccompanied traffic.  Giving a trailer capacity for any ship is always hypothetical.   As food for thought, see this link

Ok, let’s try again... Now that the vessel formerly known as Honfleur has finally arrived at Fosen shipyard I think a new heading/thread is called for because the next chapter in her troubled lif

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Chef said:

He needs a Narco  boat to run cheddar and pickle across the channel .

Makes sense, the additional accommodation block could house the army of form fillers to process the paper work en route and enable him to offload the cheddar, one wedge at a time!!

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

Makes sense, the additional accommodation block could house the army of form fillers to process the paper work en route and enable him to offload the cheddar, one wedge at a time!!

He`d be eating it one wedge at a time as it came off ...pausing only to add the Branston of course🤣

On 09/02/2021 at 12:05, Gareth said:

Is it my imagination or has her funnel been removed?  If so, is that an indication that they might be modifying her engines to run on more conventional fuel?

I’m pretty sure it hasn’t, it just looks like the scaffolding they’ve used blends into the background and looks like a building. You can still see the top of the funnel poking out of the scaffolding with the antenna/mast-esque thing.

Hello Everyone, I have gathered as much as I could find and speculate about Honfleur (FSG 774) over the past few days. I tried to make sure that most of the stuff that I mention in this post isn't repeated from other forums by reading through the original 100 and something page long forum about Honfleur. If I make any mistakes, or there is something to disprove my findings then please do correct me. Right, Are we ready? Let's go....

Rescue Lifeboat on Deck 8/9

My first finding was the existence of a Rescue Lifeboat that is situated at the back of either Deck 8 or Deck 9, (on the areas with glass at the back of them). I checked to see whether my eyes were deceiving me, as they have a habit of doing that, and I looked on one of RickOShea's earlier posts and, somehow, I wasn't wrong in seeing the 6th Lifeboat. See Photos for evidence:

403084564_HonfleurResearchRescueLifeboat.thumb.PNG.101ca0127b15b09acfd619f85fe82aae.PNG

Credit - Andy

58598007_HonfleurResearchRescueLifeboatProof.PNG.8a86a9de39a132c6738abbe9e8754dc1.PNG

Credit - RickOShea

My Second Finding: The Interiors

For my second finding it is mainly about the layout of the ship, in which I have looked at, the very blurry, deckplans provided in an earlier post made by RickOShea, I cleared up the deck plans and gave my best shot at estimating where everything is based of of renderings, videos and things we knew that she already had onboard:2086139451_HonfleurResearchDeckPlans.thumb.PNG.daf9e91bebd80ca766eb310a553d44a8.PNG

Credit - RickOShea, Edited by Me

Continuing on this finding I was around 80% sure that the video uploaded to Facebook and Twitter isn't on the original Honfleur Forum so I thought I may as well provide the twitter link for those who need a refresher and those who haven't seen it. Personally, I think if Honfleur eventually became Honfleur, under Brittany Ferries, and she had these interiors I think she would've been a wonderful addition to the fleet, with a sense of Character unlike the WB Yeats. Here's the link: Brittany Ferries on Twitter: "A look inside Honfleur. In our next video, Samy Barbier, Commissaire, gives us a foretaste of the experience and areas customers can look forward to: https://t.co/efZpc9e0gM" / Twitter

Also, The Giverny Restaurant was unfortunately not featured in the video, however I can imagine that, since it's based off of the Giverny Gardens, it would have pink accents with various shades of green furniture along with a few accents of purple and a generally natural feel to the room. I point I made on my version of the deckplans, as featured above, which is the 'Bar and Self Service Restaurant are connected', I said that due to the similar pattern around the outskirts of the rooms on the ceiling, which makes me believe that there is a way to get from the bar via the self service restaurant and vice versa. 

The Crane

The Crane has always seemed like a controversial subject in the Honfleur Forums with massive discussions being made over this crane and recently we have seen new photos of Honfleur emerge at Fosen Yard. I have a point to make about this Crane and some of you may not like it however I believe that my eyes aren't deceiving me on this one! I believe that Fosen are beginning to complete the Crane system and before you call me insane🙃, I have evidence.276649395_HonfleurResearchLNGCrane1.PNG.ff83af1498b4a5673bcf2bc3a91c43a2.PNG

1931320874_HonfleurResearchLNGCrane2.PNG.509af126f16d3afed5c49210c59d52d4.PNG

Credit - Gene Anifmov

Now if you look really closely it looks as if the crane system/structure has been added, as it is in the right place, it's the right size and it doesn't just look like a normal bit of scaffolding. I don't know what to make of this discovery so your thoughts are welcome, however it does look like the one shown in the renderings:

168730334_HonfleurResearchLNGCraneProof.PNG.5f689200b4448e3922faa8a0d635d993.PNG

Credit - Brittany Ferries

The 'Blue' Paint At The Front Of The Ship 

In the same set of photos that I mentioned above, there is what appears to be a livery that is quite similar to the DFDS colours, however, I don't think that it is what that is, and instead think that it is an undercoat, or the 'packaging tape' that was there before, when it was in FSG, as the areas that they have placed it in are where FSG had previously welded/painted. To further this theory, the colour of the paint seems to not actually be blue and is more of a grey colour which is fairly similar to the undercoat used on Normandie when she had her 2013 refit, very specific I know😅. I have attached photos that show what I mean by 'packaging tape' and show the grey at the front of the ship. 

722648645_HonfleurResearchPackingTape1.PNG.257ae74d8acd521d7361d9d94f78ba5f.PNG

Credit - Gene Anifmov

949936137_HonfleurResearchPackingTape2.PNG.df315faef60b94639c33d5873641c6a6.PNG

Credit - Oliver Sesemann

The Funnel Appearing To Have Disappeared

Personally I don't think they've removed the funnel, I think what they are doing is adding the 'scaffolding' look to the funnel that I'm pretty sure wasn't completed by the time she left FSG, as there was defiantly scaffolding around the funnel until about a week before she left for Norway, if you don't understand what I mean, here's a photo:

676036532_HonfleurResearchScaffholdingFunnel.PNG.7c98bf3c7290e1f07292a26c86fec089.PNG

Credit - Brittany Ferries

162120291_HonfleurResearchFunnelDisappearance2.PNG.bb681f92efd4de8203fbcbbab18e7be7.PNG

Credit - Fabianv

Cancellation Dating Back To March

This one makes the most sense and most likely is fact but just not confirmed yet, back in March 2020 when the Destination Honfleur website was 'temporarily mothballed', I believe they were the words used🙃, there was a photo uploaded to ShipSpotting which I am most certainly sure has the scratched out Honfleur name on the side that we seemingly first saw properly in October/November time when she was toed to Fosen. Here's the photo:1143285801_HonfleurResearchNameScratchedofffromatleastMarch15th2020.PNG.fe9889e0a828cc43308e0a5b275b584a.PNG

Credit Fabianv

So there you guys go, that is all I could compile about The Honfleur, apologies if any of this has already been mentioned before and I just haven't seen it. As I've said further up in this post, your thoughts and ideas on everything are welcome.

- Solomon

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1