"New" Ireland - France schedules for Irish Ferries and Stena Line

This Irish Ferries and Stena Line agreement didn't last long with Stena bringing a second ship on the Cherbourg route.

I could not find a dedicated Irish Ferries thread so posting here. Very little can be booked on Irish Ferries post January including nothing Ireland-UK. I am sure they are waiting for Brexit clarity but so are other operators (and those have managed to have scheduled published for the next few months).

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to mention fuel stations, transport cafes and much more. Those who conned the people into Brexit were never interested in details, just getting rich and avoiding tax.

Stena Line and Irish Ferries have come to an agreement (after some political pressure) to offer a daily service between Ireland and France.  Each of the company's will sail a Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Irish Government has confirmed that this is from January.  As someone pointed out elsewhere, if this change hadn’t occurred at the behest of the government people would be calling it anti-competitive!

Photos on various FB groups of Blue Star 1 getting painted with the Irish Ferries name. It will be interesting to see how it is used alongside WBY and Epsilon.

Interesting indeed, I've read that the Blue Star 1 charter may be for a couple of years at least. Reminds me very much of Oscar Wilde with the blue hull. Was it this ship which briefly operated on Rosyth-Zeebrugge before it closed? 

2 hours ago, Ryan_H said:

Interesting indeed, I've read that the Blue Star 1 charter may be for a couple of years at least. Reminds me very much of Oscar Wilde with the blue hull. Was it this ship which briefly operated on Rosyth-Zeebrugge before it closed? 

Yes it was. 

2 hours ago, Ryan_H said:

Yes in 2008

• Thanks 1
On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2021 at 09:20, Ryan_H said:

Interesting indeed, I've read that the Blue Star 1 charter may be for a couple of years at least. Reminds me very much of Oscar Wilde with the blue hull

That seems like the plan alright , plus she is having her funnel painted green presumably with the Irish Ferries logo .

• Like 1