Galicia - Inauguration - 27th November

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Save the date! The inauguration ceremony for Galicia's entry into the Brittany Ferries fleet will be taking place virtually on the 27th November.  Everyone will be able to take part via a weblink

Unfortunately 9h arrival turned out to be South African time - she was tying up when I got down to the port at 8h so only just getting light. She does look mighty impressive though, will try agai

What's the crusade for? We're into the 5th page of this nonsense. Every Ro-Pax and passenger ferry at sea has different levels of accommodation. Are we to begin rattling our sabres at t

Posted Images

On 10/12/2020 at 15:46, georgem7 said:

The online PDF leaflet for Galicia has finally been released:

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/sites/default/files/2020-12/Galicia Ship Guide_12-2020.pdf

The deckplans are in the same style as shared on NI ferry site. However, the cabins are shown a bit more clearly and the pet cabin corridor is highlighted  

I was a little concerned when I looked at the picture of cabin numbers: 901-935, 936-955 956-990 in that, in line with the previous comments re the various problems with the ablutions arrangements , that there appeared to be a "portapotti" in the corner of the cabin! Fortunately on zooming in it showed itself as a quirky design chair.

• Haha 2
58 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

I was a little concerned when I looked at the picture of cabin numbers: 901-935, 936-955 956-990 in that, in line with the previous comments re the various problems with the ablutions arrangements , that there appeared to be a "portapotti" in the corner of the cabin! Fortunately on zooming in it showed itself as a quirky design chair.

You can be sure that someone will try putting their head through the hole after a few pints in the bar and will have to disembark with it hanging from their neck to meet the waiting fire brigade. 

Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

You can be sure that someone will try putting their head through the hole after a few pints in the bar and will have to disembark with it hanging from their neck to meet the waiting fire brigade. 

Ed

I am sure that Francois the crew member with the big sledgehammer who sorts out PA's stuck bow doors will soon free it!

• Haha 3
42 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

I am sure that Francois the crew member with the big sledgehammer who sorts out PA's stuck bow doors will soon free it!

But which should he hit?  The head or the chair?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, colin said:

He will use butter and red wine ...

" Un Breton sans beurre, il pleure, un Breton sans pinard, il se barre ..."

So true. Even Jean Le Cam said it after getting some butter from the frigate which collected Kevin Escoffier from his ship off the Kerguelen 

26 minutes ago, crechbleiz said:

So true. Even Jean Le Cam said it after getting some butter from the frigate which collected Kevin Escoffier from his ship off the Kerguelen 

Caught me .... that's where I saw it most recently. Clac clac clac ....

Bar à l’espagnole et balcons de fer forgé : une nuit à bord du Galicia, nouveau ferry de la Brittany (ouest-france.fr)

Another article about the first rotation through Cherbourg. They found a photo that makes Thierry look old and grumpy, which he isn't. Many of you will recognise Carmen from the Pont Aven. My favourite memories are of her on the arm of Joseph Hardouin, in fits of giggles ....

More photos.

Mainly the same as the previous French press article. Criticism from a freight driver about shared facilities. 6 showers apparently.

Chris, Finewine, do you know Thierry, local man, blooming good racing sailor, like several others at BF.

3 hours ago, colin said:

Bar à l’espagnole et balcons de fer forgé : une nuit à bord du Galicia, nouveau ferry de la Brittany (ouest-france.fr)

Another article about the first rotation through Cherbourg. They found a photo that makes Thierry look old and grumpy, which he isn't. Many of you will recognise Carmen from the Pont Aven. My favourite memories are of her on the arm of Joseph Hardouin, in fits of giggles ....

More photos.

Mainly the same as the previous French press article. Criticism from a freight driver about shared facilities. 6 showers apparently.

Chris, Finewine, do you know Thierry, local man, blooming good racing sailor, like several others at BF.

sounds good but appears to be hidden behind a paywall Colin..Anyway round it..Thanks