Galicia - Inauguration - 27th November

Interesting to see how the bow 'reinforcement' plating overlaps the clamshell door. I can't quite work out the logic of that. It seems to be a very accurate shut line anyway.

Edited by cvabishop
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Save the date! The inauguration ceremony for Galicia's entry into the Brittany Ferries fleet will be taking place virtually on the 27th November.  Everyone will be able to take part via a weblink

Unfortunately 9h arrival turned out to be South African time - she was tying up when I got down to the port at 8h so only just getting light. She does look mighty impressive though, will try agai

It's interesting to read some of the views here. It's 2020 - freight drivers are in short supply and working to increasingly tight regulations.  They need high quality facilities.  Sharing a show

Posted Images

Recently we had this email from Brittany Ferries as part of Club Voyage news. When I click on Find Out More I am told that the page does not exist. Does anyone know how to access this event ?  

A date for your diary
In the spirit of the times we're living in, we're planning a virtual inauguration event for Galicia - and you're invited!

We hope you'll be able to join us for this one-off celebration on 27 November.
FIND OUT MORE
3 hours ago, Cassie said:

Recently we had this email from Brittany Ferries as part of Club Voyage news. When I click on Find Out More I am told that the page does not exist. Does anyone know how to access this event ?  

A date for your diary
In the spirit of the times we're living in, we're planning a virtual inauguration event for Galicia - and you're invited!

We hope you'll be able to join us for this one-off celebration on 27 November.
FIND OUT MORE

I think it means you've been virtually uninvited. 

Ed

5 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Just trying to work out how “2 December” is “in two days’ time”.....

The French original was 'in a few days' time'. There was something lost in the translation (few sounds like two I suppose, particularly if you are dictating it through a mask).

Ed

• Thanks 1

Chris is back in Emsworth, home on a packed (with freight) MSM last night.  She looks very impressive, I’m booked on my final trip to U.K. on the 21st of next month. I think she’s stopping off at Roscoff for a baptism on her way down to Spain prior to the first commercial sailing.

Bravo to the design team for coming up with an imaginative, bright and airy ship, words that could never be attributed to the ones who were given WB Yeats as their brief, probably the blandest ship I’ve ever sailed on. A shame and a waste as the Irish are such a colourful nation themselves...

Chris

• Like 5