Galicia - Inauguration - 27th November

4 hours ago, tarbyonline said:

For those commenting on the facilities, this is a 1000 passenger 3000 lane metre ship.  Like most modern ferries the focus is shifting more and more towards freight, and to be fair this class is much better appointed (and quieter) than the Visentini alternative.  All indications are this will continue to be the trend going forward, and that it might actually accelerate.  Even the likes of Moby who in the past have given many an elderly ferry a home are saying the future is Ro-Pax. Ferry companies have to make money at the end of the day!

Definitely think you are right - this is the future direction of things.

• Like 3
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Save the date! The inauguration ceremony for Galicia's entry into the Brittany Ferries fleet will be taking place virtually on the 27th November.  Everyone will be able to take part via a weblink

Unfortunately 9h arrival turned out to be South African time - she was tying up when I got down to the port at 8h so only just getting light. She does look mighty impressive though, will try agai

What's the crusade for? We're into the 5th page of this nonsense. Every Ro-Pax and passenger ferry at sea has different levels of accommodation. Are we to begin rattling our sabres at t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RickOShea said:

Definitely think you are right - this is the future direction of things.

Cap Finistere carries less passengers (and has 300 odd fewer cabin berths) than Galicia but the Cap appears to have more well appointed bars and entertainment. I like Galicia's Tapas restaurant, digital facilities and a gym and much better cafe than the Cap.

• Like 2
Just now, Cabin-boy said:

From the BF Together and Protected Web page:

Masks (not face coverings) must be worn at all times when in port and in all public areas of the ship.

Ummm!

Perhaps there was something lost in translation. 

Ed

They are differentiating a mask from a scarf / bandana which is ok in some Countries !

Thanks Ferry Man....though reading this only rubs it in that we won’t be on board !

Given the display is at 7 pm then none of the passengers waiting to board will be able to see it properly from the terminal waiting area. I wonder why they didn’t wait until the ship had sailed and put the display on when she was a suitable distance from the barge ?

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

My point was that they are within the confines of the port so they should be wearing masks. 

Ed

Sorry, I was trying to see too much in your comment and thought that it was the contradiction of masks but don't cover the face.

Re the priest with his holy water on a stick, could well be the last time the Galicia gets washed for a while.

I am sure people on here have seen but there is a fireworks display planned for Galicia arrival into Portsmouth tomorrow evening as she docks: 

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/qhm/portsmouth/local-notices/lntm/2020/2058-pyro-display-flathouse-quay 

this is nice to see the effort and well done to all at BF and PIP 

• Like 2
Just now, Botley Dan said:

I am sure people on here have seen but there is a fireworks display planned for Galicia arrival into Portsmouth tomorrow evening as she docks: 

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/qhm/portsmouth/local-notices/lntm/2020/2058-pyro-display-flathouse-quay

this is nice to see the effort and well done to all at BF and PIP 

This is all going a bit over the top - this is one new ship !

39 minutes ago, David Williams said:

This is all going a bit over the top - this is one new ship !

The arrival of a new ship in the middle of a horrendous year for the travel industry - I’d call that reason to celebrate a (rare) good news story! 

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Andy said:

The arrival of a new ship in the middle of a horrendous year for the travel industry - I’d call that reason to celebrate a (rare) good news story! 

Bah humbug.

However I don't see this much noise from other operators when they launch new ships and basically this is a new cost to a company who has most of it's fleet laid up in disused docks that date back to the glory days of French shipping. (In London we have turned those docks into office blocks !)

I really hope that this is the start of a revival of BF fortunes, however the Galicia marks the start of a new reduced crew version of the brand and not a return to the old days !

Love and Peace !

• Confused 1