Jump to content
News threads can only be replied to, not created.

Economie brand gone? No Le Harve next year


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, chid679 said:

When does the charter for Etretat end? It must have had a high Penalty attached for early termination as BF have deemed it cheaper to keep her laid up than to try and hand her back to her owners

Charters are more simple and more complex than most realise.  There will normally be break points and opportunities for short extensions.

In the case of ETRETAT, we have to remember the very complex political and social context of BF.  Getting rid of her sends a message about future employment and commitment to a route.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

Charters are more simple and more complex than most realise.  There will normally be break points and opportunities for short extensions.

In the case of ETRETAT, we have to remember the very complex political and social context of BF.  Getting rid of her sends a message about future employment and commitment to a route.

But if she was replaced by Cotentin, wouldn;t that be saying, we have confidence in the route, as we are replacing a chartered ship with a ship we own?

 

*Talking of which, is Etretat owned by Stena? Rings a bell, but may be mistaken

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chid679 said:

When does the charter for Etretat end? It must have had a high Penalty attached for early termination as BF have deemed it cheaper to keep her laid up than to try and hand her back to her owners

Etretat is now on a 6 month rolling charter and is controlled by SOMANOR and operated by BAI. It's reviewed in April & October. I understand the original charter was for 3 years, Spring 2014 -Spring 2017.

BAI control and operate Connemara, the charter was initially for 2 years, April 2018 - April 2020. I've been told that BAI have chartered the vessel for a further 2 two years ending at the beginning of May 2022.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Ferry Man said:

But if she was replaced by Cotentin, wouldn;t that be saying, we have confidence in the route, as we are replacing a chartered ship with a ship we own?

 

*Talking of which, is Etretat owned by Stena? Rings a bell, but may be mistaken

You are of course correct, but my comment was about why ETRETAT has been retained to date even though she hasn't been in service.

 

And yes she is owned by Stena RoRo.  It's always important to refer to vessels as being Stena RoRo when they are, rather than Stena Line.  Although Stena RoRo sometimes transfers ships to Stena Line or charters to Stena Line, it is a separate company within the Stena group.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...