Covid tests for all entering Spain

9 minutes ago, Paully said:

Firstly welcome to the Forum...This is where we would need to have the most flexible ticket that BF sell..There are almost no insurance companies covering cancellation for Covid these days. You would otherwise be relying on the generosity, or otherwise, of the carrier I`m afraid. Terrible situation to be in and many will be. If this situation goes on for a while surely BF will consider rolling cancellations of passenger carrying capacity to Spain and use the Galicia in a freight only role. 

Paully it is well and good to say this now,but what about the many thousands that have already booked there crossings.where are the guide lines for travellers ie where to get tested in such a short time and is it possible to be done.i think that is what most people will be wondering about and correctly getting worried about it.we are booked near the end January so we are a bit worried and what happens if there is a delay?or does the time of original crossing count or not ?i think this is catching a lot of people out until there some clear details emerge what all of this means for travellers from the uk.just hope they don't put us into the high risk country unfortunately we are at the moment.i think we all hope for more clarity and what to do to able to travel to Spain .just a thank you for the people who brought this to attention to us all.stay safe

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There still seems to be this awful vagueness as to how the virus is most commonly spread.

The full details are on the article I`ve attached below but seems all those entering Spain, mainland included, by air or sea will need a covid test (not the NHS ones) done, no longer than 72 hours bef

I'll willingly house-sit there for free until next Spring if they want.  Ed. 

Just now, nodwad said:

Paully it is well and good to say this now,but what about the many thousands that have already booked there crossings.where are the guide lines for travellers ie where to get tested in such a short time and is it possible to be done.i think that is what most people will be wondering about and correctly getting worried about it.we are booked near the end January so we are a bit worried and what happens if there is a delay?or does the time of original crossing count or not ?i think this is catching a lot of people out until there some clear details emerge what all of this means for travellers from the uk.just hope they don't put us into the high risk country unfortunately we are at the moment.i think we all hope for more clarity and what to do to able to travel to Spain .just a thank you for the people who brought this to attention to us all.stay safe

Between now and the end of January is a complete lifetime away insofar as this issue is concerned. No one anywhere can answer any of your questions. The Spanish Federal Government may yet change various parts of these requirements. As long as people are aware, then they know to keep an eye on the latest official updates and act accordingly. 

I get more and more frustrated with the lack of clarity from governments. We have been following all the rules that have been put upon us since March. this is NOT a Holiday we are traveling for but to finalize our house purchase that we have paid over 2k for the Arras in June. we have continued to Persephone any travel until absolutely essential.

We cannot get any answers from the government or police regarding our position, all they say is refer to gov website.

It is ok to view property, move house and continue with your house purchase, but no one will answer if this makes it essential travel from the UK to complete your purchase in Spain.

We are looking at a 2k loss , the purchase of our house and just for good measure another £500 ferry ticket... its making us both very ill with the stress.

If as 'dicksmith' (welcome!) says it's 72 hours prior to departure then that's far easier to arrange. It doesn't help if you get a positive result back obviously but if BF or any other carrier is obliged to allow access to the ferry or plane only on receipt of such a certificate then you can be sure you will get on board and be allowed to enter Spain. 

Ed. 

1 minute ago, Paully said:

Between now and the end of January is a complete lifetime away insofar as this issue is concerned. No one anywhere can answer any of your questions. The Spanish Federal Government may yet change various parts of these requirements. As long as people are aware, then they know to keep an eye on the latest official updates and act accordingly. 

Yes I agree with you ,it is a life time away and who knows what it is going to happen by then.i just feel sorry for the people who travelling around them dates and this bombshell comes out.just hopes for everybody the guide lines become a lot clearer in the next few days.stay safe

1 minute ago, Cabin-boy said:

If as 'dicksmith' (welcome!) says it's 72 hours prior to departure then that's far easier to arrange. It doesn't help if you get a positive result back obviously but if BF or any other carrier is obliged to allow access to the ferry or plane only on receipt of such a certificate then you can be sure you will get on board and be allowed to enter Spain. 

Ed. 

Hi, i feel that the tweet has more clout than the press so i am worried its arrival 

1 hour ago, Paully said:

surely BF will consider rolling cancellations of passenger carrying capacity to Spain and use the Galicia in a freight only role

I like to thinks so but not sure if they will. Have they under our current lockdown? We don't go to April 4th so some time yet. Our ticket is fully flexible so we can move it so this will not be a big problem for us more of a disappointment

Galicia to Le Havre until this is requirement is lifted / amended

Maybe a faster ferry would have been a better option. 😀

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Ed. 

From a Spanish infection rate point of view before arrival is much better. Also you need to consider that Boris and his cronies (that are left) think it would be a good idea for the UK 

|Would like to see covid certificates for everyone arriving into Britain not just a case of we trust you to self isolate. But like everything else to do with this terrible situation  the British government have been to slow.  just waiting for the French to introduce this to the people traveling from the uk. At the moment its a self cert for those who can travel. After all its coppers in the pot and jobs for the boys.

This testing before you fly/ Travel is like a MOT it has no meaning after you have left the station, its only means it was ok when it was done..... if it was done at the airport/ferry terminal 4-6 hrs before you travel it would have more value.

10 minutes ago, jonno said:

It will work with European flights, however it is still not long enough for a crossing that takes more than a day. Assuming that it is implemented as shown, the only real option if you really have to go to Spain is to either fly with a test and rent a car or drive through France.

30 minutes ago, David Williams said:

It will work with European flights, however it is still not long enough for a crossing that takes more than a day. Assuming that it is implemented as shown, the only real option if you really have to go to Spain is to either fly with a test and rent a car or drive through France.

We are refusing to fly as we consider isolating ourselves in a cabin for the crossing and traveling in our camper was the best option to staying safe. 

1 hour ago, dicksmith said:

We are refusing to fly as we consider isolating ourselves in a cabin for the crossing and traveling in our camper was the best option to staying safe. 

In that case if you refuse to fly the 72 hour rule for getting a Covid test, the predicted storms in Biscay, a ship with engine problems, delayed sailings, and the current state of emergency in Spain are going to cause you big problems.

If I were in your situation I would ask my Spanish lawyer to put the house purchase on ice until the present health problems ease. But if I absolutely had to go then to fly in, sign the house sale documents and fly out next day would be my choice. Taking a campervan to Spain during an official state of emergency, and at a time when the return ferry sailing might be suddenly cancelled  (as happened last Spring) seems reckless to me. 

14 hours ago, BigDW1946 said:

Not everyone are “idiots flaunting the regulations” - what about lorry drivers and other commercial interests. I also aware of a UK couple who had to return from Spain for a medical emergency but now need to return to Spain to retrieve their car from Alicante airport and ensure their property is secure, etc for the winter; this includes sealing doors and windows, otherwise they'll have a house full of cockroaches when they return in 2021

"house full of cockroaches" I'll just let everyone think about that, imagine facing that? Terrible - much  better that a few other people might die....

Rhys

6 minutes ago, wortley said:

In that case if you refuse to fly the 72 hour rule for getting a Covid test, the predicted storms in Biscay, a ship with engine problems, delayed sailings, and the current state of emergency in Spain are going to cause you big problems.

If I were in your situation I would ask my Spanish lawyer to put the house purchase on ice until the present health problems ease. But if I absolutely had to go then to fly in, sign the house sale documents and fly out next day would be my choice. Taking a campervan to Spain during an official state of emergency, and at a time when the return ferry sailing might be suddenly cancelled  (as happened last Spring) seems reckless to me. 

Who said anything about returning....my house was sold after the last lockdown and everything is in storage until I can take possession. I don't think you have any right to call us reckless..Reckless is the sudden dash off to the pub with your mates before lockdown. Or the lads on the lash in Benidorm. Its reckless acts like that that have helped us so much. Not someone taking there bubble with them.

4 hours ago, dicksmith said:

Sorry this is the problem results in 48hrs +33hr ferry to Spain = no entry

Sorry I don't really get that kind of logic. The countdown begins from the result not from when you take the test.

If you receive you're result the day before you travel that's 24 + 33 = 57 hours.

A day and a half before travel is 36 hours so a total of 69 hours, still within the timeframe.

That in effect means if the test and receiving the results takes 4 days due to demand then a further 3 days allowed to get to Spain.

The test would have taken place a week before entry? Not a lot of point of doing it then.

46 minutes ago, IanN said:

That in effect means if the test and receiving the results takes 4 days due to demand then a further 3 days allowed to get to Spain.

The test would have taken place a week before entry? Not a lot of point of doing it then.

Again don't get that...

You're paying a hefty premium for a 2 day service.

Swabbed on Tuesday... result on Thursday... travel on Friday.

Result day Thursday, to arrival in Spain is well within the 72 hour period.

Just book your appointment in order to get your result the day before travel.

1 hour ago, jonno said:

Again don't get that...

You're paying a hefty premium for a 2 day service.

Swabbed on Tuesday... result on Thursday... travel on Friday.

Result day Thursday, to arrival in Spain is well within the 72 hour period.

Just book your appointment in order to get your result the day before travel.

Yes agreed but any delay in testing or on the boat will scupper you Also Crossing time is 28 hours plus on Galicia and you need to allow time to get to the Ferry and board.

Also if you have not got a flexi ticket the financial penalty will be high if you do test positive 

As I said yesterday, it would still seem that you can get the test done on arrival. If you are then required to self isolate at a given address until the results arrive then I guess for most second-home owners that would not prove too challenging. 

Ed

30 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

As I said yesterday, it would still seem that you can get the test done on arrival. If you are then required to self isolate at a given address until the results arrive then I guess for most second-home owners that would not prove too challenging. 

Ed

The Canaries were about to bring in that option, however I believe that has been overtaken by the National decree. 

https://boe.es/boe/dias/2020/11/12/pdfs/BOE-A-2020-14049.pdf

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fboe.es%2Fboe%2Fdias%2F2020%2F11%2F12%2Fpdfs%2FBOE-A-2020-14049.pdf