Covid tests for all entering Spain

Thanks David. Sadly, we are not planning to travel for a variety of reasons. We have a motorhome and usually overwinter in southern Spain. 

What intrigues me is just how the test requirement can be met. The last week or so leading up to our departure is always busy and stressful but adding on the requirements for a covid test in a very tight timetable would be unimaginable !

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There still seems to be this awful vagueness as to how the virus is most commonly spread.

The full details are on the article I`ve attached below but seems all those entering Spain, mainland included, by air or sea will need a covid test (not the NHS ones) done, no longer than 72 hours bef

I'll willingly house-sit there for free until next Spring if they want.  Ed. 

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

It would be good if BF waived the 4 hour rule for positive tests !

Well, the alternative would be to take positive passengers and find they are refused entry on arrival and have to bring them back. So two trips carrying people presenting a risk. If you are positive, I think they will have to waive the 4-hour rule as they will simply refuse you at check-in. Ed. 

We are due to sail 26 Jan ,we have looked around for same day test and results and the price were given was £259 .so in other words £518 for the two of us.so we are just hoping the rules may change by then if not ,what can you do? One option is driving down which I have done many times but with the wife's ill health I don't know if it is feasible.just hope things may of changed by then.stay safe

1 hour ago, nodwad said:

We are due to sail 26 Jan ,we have looked around for same day test and results and the price were given was £259 .so in other words £518 for the two of us.so we are just hoping the rules may change by then if not ,what can you do? One option is driving down which I have done many times but with the wife's ill health I don't know if it is feasible.just hope things may of changed by then.stay safe

We could not get insurance either, another reason why we have cancelled the trip. As i said earlier, we booked flexi- tickets so will not lose money but what about people who booked the standard tickets ? 

Can't confirm this at present but with Ireland going from red to orange, under EU travel regulations, it may mean that the covid test may not be required when travelling to Spain from RoI from end of November

To add to my comment above this quote from travelexpert.ie

If you are travelling to Spain, including the Canary Islands, between the 23rd and 30th of November, you will need to produce confirmation of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival .  

If you are travelling to Spain, including the Canary Islands between the 30th November and 14th December  you are NOT required to provide a negative PCR test (as Ireland is considered an Orange region). If Ireland remains orange/amber on the 3rd December, a negative PCR will not be required for arrivals up to the 28th of December.

Canaries are different:-

However, The Canary Islands has a separate regulation in place. ALL visitors who are staying in tourist accommodation must have an antigen test when they arrive. This test can be arranged on arrival and costs €25, the results are usually provided with 30 minutes.

28 minutes ago, BigDW1946 said:

To add to my comment above this quote from travelexpert.ie

If you are travelling to Spain, including the Canary Islands, between the 23rd and 30th of November, you will need to produce confirmation of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival .  

If you are travelling to Spain, including the Canary Islands between the 30th November and 14th December  you are NOT required to provide a negative PCR test (as Ireland is considered an Orange region). If Ireland remains orange/amber on the 3rd December, a negative PCR will not be required for arrivals up to the 28th of December.

Canaries are different:-

However, The Canary Islands has a separate regulation in place. ALL visitors who are staying in tourist accommodation must have an antigen test when they arrive. This test can be arranged on arrival and costs €25, the results are usually provided with 30 minutes.

So if I understand rightly if you live in the north there is nothing stopping you from going down south and catch the ferry to Spain.without taking a cpr test?that is if Roi stays in orange category so that could be a loop hole for people who wants to do that.stay safe

I know it is early days of the new rules entering into Spain.a bit surprised there has not been any comments about any problems people are experiencing with the new rules.also I wonder if there has been many cancellations due to this rule.stay dafe