Jump to content

Spanish health forms


Recommended Posts

Well, we're registered for the Covid test which we'll book in Fareham for the Monday morning if it's still required in January. That way, as we sail on Tuesday morning the results should be emailed to us by the time we arrive in Santander on Wednesday afternoon. It just fits the 72 hour timescale.

But my question is, do we still collect the entry forms on board? Everything I have seen about the online version refers to arrival by air. Does anyone know what happens?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, the details are on the BF website with the form, unfortunately it also says that you need the result at checkin.

Spain
The Spanish government’s requirements for arrivals into the country has changed. You must check the Spanish government’s website for full details but in summary you’ll need to:

  • Complete a COVID-19 PCR test 72 hours before arrival in Spain
  • Present valid documentation, at check-in, to confirm the test was negative for each person travelling (including children)

We strongly recommend you check with Spanish authorities for the full details of this important change. Please note you may be refused travel or fined by the Spanish authorities if you do not comply with their requirements fully.

Before you travel to or return to Spain, you must complete a paper format Passenger Locator Form. You must print and complete this form prior to disembarkation. Brittany Ferries' staff will collect this form in the garage before you disembark.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/coronavirus/faqs

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TerryDorset said:

Well, we're registered for the Covid test which we'll book in Fareham for the Monday morning if it's still required in January. That way, as we sail on Tuesday morning the results should be emailed to us by the time we arrive in Santander on Wednesday afternoon. It just fits the 72 hour timescale.

But my question is, do we still collect the entry forms on board? Everything I have seen about the online version refers to arrival by air. Does anyone know what happens?

Terry this subject is under the news logo and covid tests before entry into Spain.just wish you are correct but what I understand David is right.stay safe

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. I'll have to ponder. Suppose there is nothing to say I can't have the test on Saturday, or even Sunday am, so I have the results for check-in. If the Spanish authorities don't like the result being a few hours over their limit,they can always retest (Spain website says it's a one hour test).

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TerryDorset said:

Thanks guys. I'll have to ponder. Suppose there is nothing to say I can't have the test on Saturday, or even Sunday am, so I have the results for check-in. If the Spanish authorities don't like the result being a few hours over their limit,they can always retest (Spain website says it's a one hour test).

Terry I think if you read the guide lines and David has already told you .you will not board without the certificate (cpr) I urge you to check bf website where it tell you all of this.stay safe

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nodwad said:

Terry I think if you read the guide lines and David has already told you .you will not board without the certificate (cpr) I urge you to check bf website where it tell you all of this.stay safe

Thanks Nodwad, I have done that. I understand that BF won't allow you to board without the certificate. But the Spanish government website indicates that you may be tested on arrival, so if they're not happy with the test being 84 hours old a retest may be possible. Since you will have been on an effectively covid-free ship for the excess hours, that should not be a problem. As David says, things should become clearer next week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Terry I think you are clutching at straws with this idea.up to now bf say you must show the Cpr certificate before boarding.so in other words if you cannot get on board how are going to be tested in Spain?i just hope a much clearer picture comes out by Monday as David has alraedy said. I feel for you and here is me worrying about our crossing 26 January.stay safe

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2020 at 15:47, nodwad said:

Terry I think you are clutching at straws with this idea.up to now bf say you must show the Cpr certificate before boarding.so in other words if you cannot get on board how are going to be tested in Spain?i just hope a much clearer picture comes out by Monday as David has alraedy said. I feel for you and here is me worrying about our crossing 26 January.stay safe

No Nodwad, I was thinking to get tested in this country to enable boarding but then to have a second test on arrival if the Spanish authorities weren't happy with a slightly out-of-date certificate. I have since been in touch with BF and I understand they are contacting those booked up to 10th December to make them aware of the situation but after that date they hope to have something in place to make travel easier.

My personal thinking is that as Spanish lockdown is to be reviewed on the 10th, they are hoping for less stringent measures to be in place from then.

Stay safe.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TerryDorset said:

No Nodwad, I was thinking to get tested in this country to enable boarding but then to have a second test on arrival if the Spanish authorities weren't happy with a slightly out-of-date certificate. I have since been in touch with BF and I understand they are contacting those booked up to 10th December to make them aware of the situation but after that date they hope to have something in place to make travel easier.

My personal thinking is that as Spanish lockdown is to be reviewed on the 10th, they are hoping for less stringent measures to be in place from then.

Stay safe.

Terry I hope you are right and with the covid rate falling there could be a change of the rules in entering into Spain shortly.i for one will be watching closely of any changes?fingers crossed it all ends well for us all.stay safe

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t see Spain changing the requirement for a test from high risk Countries and I can’t see us being a lower risk before Easter.

However, the implication of Terry’s quote from BF that they hope to have something in place after 10th December seems to imply that they are working on a tweak to the process with Spain that would make it viable to arrive by sea.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have missed something here regarding travel to Spain. Normally we would do Portsmouth/Santander or Bilbao however on many occasions we have done Portsmouth to Northern France then a nice drive down to Southern Spain over two or three days. I wonder if any checks will be done at the France/Spain border ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Manxscorpio said:

I may have missed something here regarding travel to Spain. Normally we would do Portsmouth/Santander or Bilbao however on many occasions we have done Portsmouth to Northern France then a nice drive down to Southern Spain over two or three days. I wonder if any checks will be done at the France/Spain border ?

It appears not to be the case. This is in French for travellers to Spain and only says the test is required in you arrive by air or sea.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://es.ambafrance.org/Covid-19-a-savoir-pour-tout-deplacement-entre-la-France-et-l-Espagne&ved=2ahUKEwjPzOak0KrtAhWGzoUKHWrYAw8QFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1iEpy5R6X7TLZetD2K6Q3A

Ed

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...