Initial thoughts of Galicia (10th Dec)

Northern_Si

15 hours ago, cvabishop said:

Well, I hope there aren't too many screws loose or missing in the engines where no one can see.....

Let's hope that the two big screws below the waterline are nice and tight .

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Wonder of they could use some rope barriers like you get in outdoor eating spaces to pen off a bit of the area immediateky outside cabins? 

You mean a bit  like people who put traffic cones on the public highway outside their house because the consider it their own free personal parking space. Public is public whether it is a road or a public access deck area. Do Stena use these deck areas any differently?

1 hour ago, colinschandler said:

You mean a bit  like people who put traffic cones on the public highway outside their house because the consider it their own free personal parking space. Public is public whether it is a road or a public access deck area. Do Stena use these deck areas any differently?

Ok, no rope barriers then. How about a few BIOHAZARD stickers in that case. That way the public can decide for themselves.

Ed

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Ok, no rope barriers then. How about a few BIOHAZARD stickers in that case. That way the public can decide for themselves.

Ed

Never travelled on her myself but from some of the comments posted here re dining, an arrow on the door pointing aft saying "This way to the Fast Track Restaurant Booking Desk" should keep the steerage passengers moving! 

Edited by colinschandler

On 14/09/2021 at 16:39, Cabin-boy said:

Ed

Totally off topic but a number of years ago I used to compete internationally in .22 rifle shooting. Everyone used to decorate their rifle cases in stickers from shoots they had attended together with shooting manufacturers stickers. I had a friend who sourced some nuclear warning stickers and loads of us dutifully attached them to our rifle cases, it was ok for them as they didn't travel out of the country!

Oh how the security at Heathrow laughed as I passed through. We were always subjected to detailed scrutiny anyway but I spent a very sweaty half hour being questioned by Police and HMRC in a little office. Everything in my possession was checked with a dosimeter and I was eventually allowed through. One of the customs officers from the interrogation took me into a small room where there was an xray machine and put everything through again and then went off on one when my rifle showed up on the screen shouting for security and Police. He had been the one who took my rifle out first time and when happy had put it back in again!! A few choice words were exchanged.

• Haha 3