News threads can only be replied to, not created.

SAILING UPDATES: 2021 Latest News

Same old really. Just wait until  the various countries are singing from the same hymn book before travellng. It will come before too long but in the meantime you are on your own and it could get expensive.

Our respective national politicians don't exactly cover themselves with glory. ( and seem to be intellectually compromised).

Think a micturation session in a brewing establishment!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CAP FINISTERE in Le Havre tonight (from Southampton's quay) : 

Pictures of the day 😉 View from the SS FRANCE :    

Posted Images

I know that the Le Havre departures are not the most reliable indicator, however CF is due out again on the 5th June - either it has some freight sailings planned or maybe they will be trying out Portugal.

I note that there is a lot of barking on Twitter re the CF cancellations due to the dog cabins, maybe it would be better if they either removed dog cabins on all sailings or added some more on all ships with an appropriate cost uplift to allow for proper cleaning.

8 hours ago, whiteheadplh said:

Does anyone know when the PA be arriving into Millbay this weekend ready for the dept to Santander? 

I will go and see her. The whiff of her fumes will feel like a holiday…

Actually it would be interesting to see how she compares (dock wise) against Galicia in millbay - will photograph from the same spot and compare the images. There is a good spot next to the barracks. 

BF phone lines are currently closed with a recorded message to the effect that due to government advice against all but essential travel a number of sailings have been cancelled and staff are busy contacting customers with affected bookings.

1 hour ago, Orkney Road trippers said:

I spoke on webchat on Friday regarding our 24th sailing to Santander and it's still going ahead according to Zoe!

Not sure if that's a good thing or not from your point of view, depending on whether you still wish to travel or would prefer to have your money back.

BF have been in the press and radio re the Pont Aven return and 800 passengers on this afternoon's crossing.

I am booked on the 30th, I hope that Spain will still be ok to enter by then. I would expect the next decision by Spain to be on the 17th June for the 2 weeks starting the 21st.

It appears that Europe is not happy with Spain letting us in without tests !

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Orkney Road trippers said:

I spoke on webchat on Friday regarding our 24th sailing to Santander and it's still going ahead according to Zoe!

The 24th is the Galacia & that will sail, the risk is that the PA will get cancelled if demand drops off.

ps I would be interested in a report of how the restaurant and bar work on the Galacia at the end of June as the French rules on bars and restaurants will change this week.

Edited by David Williams
Posted (edited)

Ponty has arrived in Plymouth - the queue to get into the Millbay terminal stretched all the way out towards Millbay itself. Campervans, cars with trailers, bikes. I have never seen it like this backed all the way up, I got caught up in it as I was not expecting it 

Queue also in Martin Street - brave souls to do that 

83ED89AF-CF37-4A81-955E-A52413DBAEF1.jpeg

Edited by PGTV
  • Like 1

"For the first time in eight months, Brittany Ferries has sailed from Millbay Docks in Plymouth to sunny Spain.

The journey, which began when the ferry left Millbay at 4:45pm on Sunday, June 6, saw a total of 807 passengers, 180 crew members and 421 vehicles make the crossing over the Atlantic"

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/brittany-ferries-leave-millbay-docks-5496361

Long may it continue (or at least for one more month !)

Yep, parked. Put it in reverse, and put the handbrake on. Left it neutral, ready to go forward.

Hope the captain uses MSM (mirror signal manoeuvre) before leaving  

None of this docking thing…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The journey, which began when the ferry left Millbay at 4:45pm on Sunday, June 6, saw a total of 807 passengers, 180 crew members and 421 vehicles make the crossing over the Atlantic"

If she was crossing the Atlantic then New York would be a more likely destination ....

Try English Channel/Celtic Sea/Bay of Biscay - never believe what you read in the press....😂

Chris

• Haha 4
17 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

The journey, which began when the ferry left Millbay at 4:45pm on Sunday, June 6, saw a total of 807 passengers, 180 crew members and 421 vehicles make the crossing over the Atlantic"

If she was crossing the Atlantic then New York would be a more likely destination ....

Try English Channel/Celtic Sea/Bay of Biscay - never believe what you read in the press....😂

Chris

Reminds me of what a wise man told me many years ago  "Disbelieve half of what you read in the newspapers and doubt the rest" 😁

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, ccs147 said:

Reminds me of what a wise man told me many years ago  "Disbelieve half of what you read in the newspapers and doubt the rest" 😁

And, equally there is the Thomas Jefferson quote:

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers"

• Haha 3

FAB to see PA back in service yesterday. :)

What is her Summer schedule now? Clearly no PORTO, but is she still going to be doing Roscoff? and Ireland? Or just Spain and back seeing France has banned all UK entries now?!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, wortley said:

France is opening her borders to tested and vaccinated visitors on Wednesday this week. Pont Aven will sail overnight to Roscoff on Tuesday to be there on Wednesday morning bright and early. Life is restarting.

Edited by wortley
  • Like 2