BF Vessels in Plymouth over the years

Spent some time over the Christmas/New Year period going through all my BF pictures I've taken over the years, so decided to post pics of all the vessels have have been in Plymouth since 2003, with their different logos as well

1485400562_BrittanyFerriesValDeLoireatPlymouth(4).thumb.JPG.253bafae7a524174a91f78ea12856b6b.JPG

Brittany Ferries Duc De Normandie at Plymouth (2).JPG

Brittany Ferries Bretagne at Plymouth (2).JPG

Brittany Ferries Pont-Aven at Plymouth (3).JPG

Brittany Ferries Pont L'Abbe (1).JPG

Brittany Ferries Bretagne at Plymouth (10).JPG

Brittany Ferries Normandie Express at Plymouth (2).JPG

Brittany Ferries Armorique - First time in Plymouth (4).JPG

• Like 4

Thanks Paul, I never realised Normandie Express had been to visit us.  But I do remember that great, grey, grim grain silo which marred the skyline until 2008, with demolition just starting in your Normandie Express photo. 

Edited by wortley
1 hour ago, Paul said:

Pont L;Abbe was delayed after her winter maintenance, so Normandie Express covered for about 10 days.  Of course, now, BF would probably just cancel the sailings...!!

She travelled to Roscoff and back every day, but only had about 1/3rd capacity I believe because she didn't have enough lifeboats for full cover at that time. Was great to see her here!

Seeing some of the vessels in their old livery they look so much more classy in this. 

The new lively still looks rubbish. It just doesn't suit the company too much boring white. 

Great photos though, thanks. 

6 hours ago, ross brown said:

The new lively still looks rubbish.

Bit strong!  Sure, I prefer the old one, but the new one is a lot smarter than some liveries out there.

I agree, great collection of photos.  For me, the takeaway comparisons in appearance are how much more stylish the old ships look compared with the new ones, and how much better the new ones looked before scrubbers.  The changes to the funnels had a much more detrimental effect on appearance than the change in livery.  Just look at the two pictures of Pont Aven!

I really like the new logos now. I think it makes the ship look more modern. And modern trends I guess do edge towards minimal. Although I shall always like the original Bretagne design, it would look dated now.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

I really like the new logos now. I think it makes the ship look more modern. And modern trends I guess do edge towards minimal. Although I shall always like the original Bretagne design, it would look dated now.

I agree. Side by side comparison does make it easier for me to prefer the modern design. And to be honest, I don't think there is much less white than on the older photos at all.

My preference will always be for a solid hull colour and white super structure. Older P&O is far better than new.

Edited by Danim24
  • Like 1

It’s certainly growing on me.  Some ships wear it particularly well - I think Cotentin looks especially smart in it.  As does Bretagne actually.  It needs a decent-sized (in relation to the ship) and well-proportioned flat-faced funnel to show the new livery to maximum effect.

Galicia, of course, we know no different.