On 13/01/2021 at 15:06, Gareth said:

They’re on my wish list of things to try.  I ordered them once in a restaurant - or thought I did; got my French mixed up and accidentally ordered andouillette instead! 🤮

Poor you, andouillette is certainly an acquired taste (or rather smell!), I can eat most things but I find them difficult .I think someone who ordered andouillette and ended up with escargot would have been far happier. You must try them Gareth, next time you are  in France buy some from the frozen food section of Super U.

Edited by colinschandler
  • Like 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bob, er... I don't mean to pry but.... how do you know what the inside of a golf ball tastes like, was it a college or Uni initiation type of thing?

Poor snail! 😁

A friend and I cut one open with a hacksaw once and small bits of elastic flew in all directions. In the middle was a small ball of very dense rubber which fell out of the shell and bounced around the

Andouillette Is best smoked. I will eat it out of politeness with an apero with my french neighbours but would never buy it.

I quite like grasshoppers in Mexico. Cobra in Thailand I won't be trying again, too many bones.

I have stopped eating frogs legs for environmental reasons. I also wouldn't eat dolphin billtong again but wouldn't say no to ostrich billtong.

A few christmases ago Lidl were selling frozen reindeer which I thought was a bit tactless.

3 hours ago, BobCrox said:

Andouillette Is best smoked.

To be fair, given where the unsmoked version sits in the appeal stakes, and that it is hard to conceive of it being made less appealing from that position, this does not necessarily add to an understanding of its modes of consumption! 😁

13 minutes ago, Gareth said:

To be fair, given where the unsmoked version sits in the appeal stakes, and that it is hard to conceive of it being made less appealing from that position, this does not necessarily add to an understanding of its modes of consumption! 😁

It's the smell that makes it difficult for me to eat it. Very reminiscent to walking into one of the rural  "footprint" toilets!

11 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

It's the smell that makes it difficult for me to eat it. Very reminiscent to walking into one of the rural  "footprint" toilets!

So what have we learnt then?  If we burn it and put a clothes peg on our nose, it becomes bearable.  Great! 🤣

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

So what have we learnt then?  If we burn it and put a clothes peg on our nose, it becomes bearable.  Great! 🤣

I guess we will just have to wait until Francois the patron of "Charcuterie des Entrailles" develops a vegan version - about as much chance as IanN being able to buy and get his vegan black pudding past the douanes!

Edited by colinschandler