Rosslare Europort

On 22/01/2021 at 08:30, Paully said:

I`m at a loss to understand why the Welsh Government would get involved. Yes the reduction of traffic will cause a reduction in port charges but thats all. These lorries roll off at Holyhead and by and large don`t stop until they arrive at the final channel exit port. The lorries are full of diesel, their drivers rested and fed on the ferry. The plus for the UK has to be a goodly reduction of HGV`s on UK roads.

Politics - the port of Holyhead (and the Stena Line ships based there) is one of the biggest employers in the area.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EXACTLY! We are talking about 500% starting from a very small number.  The last figures I analysed suggested STENA HORIZON was averaging 70 freight units a sailing with 3 sailings each way per we

I`m at a loss to understand why the Welsh Government would get involved. Yes the reduction of traffic will cause a reduction in port charges but thats all. These lorries roll off at Holyhead and by an

Couple of pics of Drottens arrival from Rosslare Europort twitter    

Posted Images

According to Stena Line on Twitter Stena Estrid will be moving to the Rosslare - Cherbourg service with Stena Horizon moving to Dublin - Holyhead. This is only whilst the traffic levels are still high on the French service. 

Also says that Stena Horizon could continue the Dublin to Cherbourg service at the weekends from after the last Stena Estrid service next weekend.

• Like 2

Drotten has made it's first visit to Rosslare this morning  from France and Neptune Dynamis of Neptune Lines is due to arrive from  Le Havre  today , the Neptune Lines service is usually from Santander to Rosslare ! 

53 minutes ago, Chef said:

Drotten has made it's first visit to Rosslare this morning  from France and Neptune Dynamis of Neptune Lines is due to arrive from  Le Havre  today , the Neptune Lines service is usually from Santander to Rosslare ! 

The Neptune Lines service is on a Line that also serves Le Havre so which destinations are served can be affected by demand.  These routes aren't like a scheduled ferry service so can vary quite a bit.

https://www.neptunelines.com/trade-areas

Edited by RickOShea
  • Like 2
56 minutes ago, Chef said:

Couple of pics of Drottens arrival from Rosslare Europort twitter

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by ccs147
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Gareth said:

Are these roro services?

Edit:  Oh, I see they’re car carriers.  I’d never head of them! ☺️

The route is a bit of a trek. Santander to Zeebrugge, Zeebrugge to Le Havre or Zeebrugge to Portbury then Rosslare. NOATUM are their agents and have  large terminals at Santander, Bilbao & Pasejes.

a view of their website is a bit of diversion.

https://www.noatum.com/en/terminales-operaciones-portuarias/noatum-terminal-santander/

When the rumour began this time last year regarding a new service from Rosslare which ended up being Connemara relocating, there was a buzz about Neptune offering a dedicated service to Le Havre as NVD talked about increasing their footprint in Kilrane at the same time.

I think they mainly carry VAG stock from Martorell & Pamplona which is currently moved from Santander but this may end when VAG open the massive new hub at Pasejes which currently moves Nissan vehicles.

19 minutes ago, Chef said:

Todays visit by Neptune to Rosslare was inbound straight from Le Havre and now outbound to Zeebrugge .

Thanks Chef, they clearly began the route then!

5 minutes ago, jonno said:

Thanks Chef, they clearly began the route then!

Ok thanks , it just seems a bit strange to be going back over ground you already covered to start a route that will take you to Spain .

On 28/01/2021 at 18:10, jonno said:

The route is a bit of a trek. Santander to Zeebrugge, Zeebrugge to Le Havre or Zeebrugge to Portbury then Rosslare. NOATUM are their agents and have  large terminals at Santander, Bilbao & Pasejes.

a view of their website is a bit of diversion.

https://www.noatum.com/en/terminales-operaciones-portuarias/noatum-terminal-santander/

When the rumour began this time last year regarding a new service from Rosslare which ended up being Connemara relocating, there was a buzz about Neptune offering a dedicated service to Le Havre as NVD talked about increasing their footprint in Kilrane at the same time.

I think they mainly carry VAG stock from Martorell & Pamplona which is currently moved from Santander but this may end when VAG open the massive new hub at Pasejes which currently moves Nissan vehicles.

The Neptune Lines service to Rosslare has been running since 2017 I think...I had a project linked to it.  Interestingly it's not just cars but some wheeled cargo (freight units, farm equipment, stuff on Mafis)....

I did my bit and exited the stage so haven't paid much attention since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 28/01/2021 at 18:23, Chef said:

Todays visit by Neptune to Rosslare was inbound straight from Le Havre and now outbound to Zeebrugge .

NEPTUNE DYNAMIS is back at Rosslare on Friday 12th Feb - in bound from Le Havre and sailing to Santander

• 2 weeks later...

DFDS loads Rosslare to France are apparently staying at very high levels. Stena Rosslare-France loads are holding up too but talk of the Horizon returning soon to the route. 

Stena will however not operate Dublin-Cherbourg for the coming weekends. 

I have not seen info on the newest BF services. Anyone? It's probably me but I continue to believe a regular Le Havre - Ireland service (at least 3x weekly) would make more sense than a bizarre ultra low frequency service to out of the way Roscoff and St Malo, where you will never attract any amount of the the previous landbridge traffic.

Hauliers are very worried about the full implementation of customs checks later this year.

Edited by lg12

@IrlEmbParis continues to Tweet about Le Havre and HAROPA so I wonder what they know that we don't.

I have also noticed that @jmrouebferries seems to mention (Chair of BF) mentions DFDS France in every second tweet. Something else brewing?

19 minutes ago, lg12 said:

a bizarre ultra low frequency service to out of the way Roscoff and St Malo, where you will never attract any amount of the the previous landbridge traffic.

Especially when, for the most part, you can’t go back the way you came.

I agree with you that a Le Havre route would make much more sense.  BF’s problem, though, is that they can’t do just what makes sense, they have to appease various interests in their homeland.  It was always clear that Armorique’s schedule was created for the purpose of running a ship to the Breton ports rather than to meet a market need.

I wonder whether we will see some tweaks to Armorique’s schedule when the March sailings are published.

It would be as easy as pie for BF to provide a Le Havre - Rosslare link; they have CF just arrived into layup from service at Rosslare.  So one must infer from the fact that they have not done this that there is no will at BF to do so.  Ergo, if a Rosslare-Le Havre route does start, then it is highly unlikely to be by BF.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, lg12 said:

@IrlEmbParis continues to Tweet about Le Havre and HAROPA so I wonder what they know that we don't.

I have also noticed that @jmrouebferries seems to mention (Chair of BF) mentions DFDS France in every second tweet. Something else brewing?

I mentioned something more than once last year regarding DFDS, Seine-Maritime, SOMANOR & BAI which was received with distain and belly laughs so now I basically keep quiet and leave to the 'experts'.

2 hours ago, jonno said:

I mentioned something more than once last year regarding DFDS, Seine-Maritime, SOMANOR & BAI which was received with distain and belly laughs so now I basically keep quiet and leave to the 'experts'.

BF, DFDS France and Getlink are working together as part of English Channel Maritime Cluster to further common interests (part of the broader French Maritime Cluster).

Talk of Rosslare - Le Havre has gone dead again.  A few weeks ago the rumour mill was hot that P&O was looking at it but with traffic gradually drifting back to the landbridge it seems the peak for direct has now passed.  That said the move back to landbridge is still much slower than the operators would like..

• Like 2
7 hours ago, RickOShea said:

BF, DFDS France and Getlink are working together as part of English Channel Maritime Cluster to further common interests (part of the broader French Maritime Cluster).

Jean-Marc Roué Is also president of the French Chamber of shipping so  often makes statements on the industry as a whole.

• Like 1