News threads can only be replied to, not created.

New Routes Ireland - St Malo / Roscoff

17 minutes ago, colin said:

J-M R probably knows the difference between passengers and freight....

But not very probable that the Journalist does.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of Armorique arriving in Rosslare from Rosslare Europort twitter

I think we can safely say it is news if the President of the company has announced it   It looks like the President of the Brittany region jumped the gun a bit and then Jean-Marc Roue joined in.

My children also help to keep the Bay of St. Malo free of sand by putting as much of it as possible in the car every time we visit Normandy. Ed

Posted Images

Armorique shortly due to arrive at Rosslare for the first time.

I will be interested to see which way round she berths.  General impression in recent years is that berthing stern-in is important to BF skippers at both Cork and St Malo (due to wanting a better view upon departure - in the case of Cork, “around the corner”, and in the case of St Malo, of small craft coming down the Rance).  But she’ll have to berth bow-in at one of these ports (unless she operates as a stern loader for this service), and how she berths at Rosslare will provide a clue.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, jonno said:

@ccs147 is that one of the Gotland ships heading too or is she anchored in the bay?

It’s Drotten anchored in the bay Jonno.  She came in to load after Armorique, Stena Estrid and Isle of Innishmore sailed early evening.

(Specifically, she came into the berth that was occupied by Estrid.  And, in fact (just checked), she’s still there).

• Thanks 2
10 hours ago, hf_uk said:

I am of course speaking on behalf of all ferry-deprived, tongue-in-cheek Devonians!

Ah sure aren't  Cornwall and Devon both Celtic Nations as well !

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chef said:

Ah sure aren't  Cornwall and Devon both Celtic Nations as well !

Well Cornwall is not so sure about Devon.

Ed there's no argument it's Cream on top, we're waiting for the G7 and see what they are told to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Chef said:

We're getting her warmed up you for later in the year , there may be a few interior changes like an Irish Bar .

And nothing wrong with a good chunk of Irish beef.

30 minutes ago, Solo said:

Well Cornwall is not so sure about Devon.

Ed there's no argument it's Cream on top, we're waiting for the G7 and see what they are told to do.

Rubbish. It’s cream first then jam on top

if you make a sandwich, you apply the butter first to the bread, then put the filling on top. You don’t put the filling on first, then apply the butter?

obviously I’m Devonshire...  😁

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, PGTV said:

if you make a sandwich, you apply the butter first to the bread, then put the filling on top. You don’t put the filling on first, then apply the butter?

Nonsense! The fruit goes on first then the dairy product. Have you never made a banana-split? Ed

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Gareth said:

Guys, if we get to a point where it seems a teeny weeny bit of a thread split is in order, you won’t give me a hard time will you?! 😉 🥐🍓🧈 😃

Keep out of this Gareth! It's serious! 😉

Ed

• Haha 2

Speaking as an infalable expert on matters of this kind, it is with out doubt Jam then cream...any other option is heretical, anathema etc,etc,etc...now off to find bell, book and candle...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PGTV said:

Always put fruit then cream. Fruit salad then cream on top, fruit crumble then cream on top. Jam then cream on top. 

cream isn’t the butter. 

• Like 1