Dear all

Four months of engineering works are starting shortly at Ouistreham. designed to "guarantee the sustainability of the embankment and thus secure the road approaches"

This is reported in today's local news from Liberté. But I can't work out where the works will be? Is it the "sea wall" alongside the entrance and check-in lanes? Not sure if it's new, but thought I would onpass.

https://actu.fr/normandie/ouistreham_14488/terminal-de-la-brittany-ferries-a-ouistreham-quatre-mois-de-travaux_39207185.html

I'm not sure what the significance is, if any, for anyone [?] travelling through Ouistreham, but four months could take us to May when political leaders on both sides of the Channel are hoping for improvements in travel rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like removing and replacing rock along the 400m at the edge of the vehicle mustering area, south of the berths. It says "inside the terminal" which I take to be the port perimeter not the building. No impact on traffic outside the port perimeter. Also some road surface, drainage and electrical work within the port area.

There will be some redirection of foot, cycle and vehicle traffic within the entrance and mustering area, and security barriers are to be replaced.

Suggests no real impact on port traffic.

Thanks, Colin

I think you're right. Have since seen a couple of other mentions, and a friend who lives round the corner says it is the "supporting wall of the exterior assembly area"[his transliteration] shown with the arrow.

Ouis port.png

• Like 1